Whats the deal with MTR's prices going Crazy

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
I was shopping around, and Cole who owes me a big one down at 4wp told me MTr's went up about 30-40 bucks a tire since this last summer.
He attributed it to the military buying them all up? Anyone know where I can get some 31" mtr's cheap? With his deal I can get em for around 160 or so apiece, I think normal price is 181 or somecrap, I looked around on the net and saw that.

Caleb

www.tirerack.com $141 a piece...the military thing I believe is for the 37s, never heard of it affecting all the sizes, maybe in supply (cause they would hold up lines so they could make more for the military) but not in price...BUT I may be wrong as I dont really know too much (or I haven't followed them) about the MTRs :D

Caleb

Discount Tire www.tires.com has them for $163 a piece...I bet he can do much better than $160 a piece...infact they could prolly match Tireracks price, although with shipping from Tire Rack you end up about $160 a tire...BUT then you dont have to pay sales tax...

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Supergper said:
www.tirerack.com $141 a piece...the military thing I believe is for the 37s, never heard of it affecting all the sizes, maybe in supply (cause they would hold up lines so they could make more for the military) but not in price...BUT I may be wrong as I dont really know too much (or I haven't followed them) about the MTRs :D

I did him a big favor :) saved him 200 bucks! I think he should get me a better prce than 160ish damnit!