Wheelin/Trail Goals for 2020

TJustin

Porch Dog
Supporting Member
One of my goals is to get out on at least a couple trips with RME this year. I'd like to explore Vernal, return to the swell and run the Devil's Racetrack, and spend some more time at Sand Hollow.

Being that 5 Mile Pass and AF canyon are close and easy access, I've beat these areas to death. I'd like to make sure that both those areas take up a much smaller percentage of my wheeling trips for the year.

Last edited:

Troop92

I can count on one finger the times I had my Jeep off pavement... and it was a spontaneous long way home from Bountiful to Layton via Skyline/Farmington Flats right before the gate closed one night.

Getting out would be nice.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I have two sets of goals for 2020 regarding off highway travel.
1. I want to get BlackSheep II out west so I can do anything!
2. Picking up my Quigley converted Transit van. With this van I have a trip planned in June with a lot of gravel roads. Not hard core wheeling, just getting into the outback.

2021 is a different story...

J Kimmel

finished my new buggy late last year...I haven't had much trail time in a few years now so since Gypsum is 30 minutes from me I plan to get out a lot more this summer

more dirt biking too :)

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I moved up a class for dirtbike racing this year. I now compete directly with @glockman
My goal is to beat him in at least 1 race. However, I know this will be impossible for me to do legitimately. I don’t wish him ill-will.... but I do need him to have a failure at some point!!
Good luck, I'm likely moving to the old man's class. I'll still be an ameteur though so we can battle now that you stopped sand bagging. :D

Last edited:

JonasB

Level kit installed last week and hopefully a set of decent A/T tires next week so I'll be ready to test everything out. If anyone needs it, I'm happy to use my vehicle as a tow rig. Might not be needed, but wanted to throw that out there. 16 F150 with 5.0 for reference.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Level kit installed last week and hopefully a set of decent A/T tires next week so I'll be ready to test everything out. If anyone needs it, I'm happy to use my vehicle as a tow rig. Might not be needed, but wanted to throw that out there. 16 F150 with 5.0 for reference.

JonasB, not sure of your schedule but it might not be a bad idea to sign up for a basic/intro trail at Winter 4x4 Jamboree.

A bunch of people will be down there, it’s beautiful country, and give you a reasonably safe place to try your rig out.

Stay with the trails recommended for your rig specs and you should have a great time. Get out of your rig during stops and introduce yourself to folks.

Last edited: