Wheelin/Trail Goals for 2020

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I have a score to settle with Hole in the Rock. 2020 will be the year.

It would be fun to make a RME HITR run, we've done it before!

I’d like to get the Trip A Month club going again. 2019 was pretty dismal for me due to my medical issues. I feel like I need to make up for it!

Yeah, you've got some catching up to do, Stephen! Glad you're healthy now!

I could really use some help planning the Monthly RME Trail Runs, with my work schedule change and working out of town during the week, I just don't have the same amount of free time I used to have come the weekend. I can't plan/organize/lead every trip, each month and it's not easy asking others to do that either.

I want to do a ride from Big Water to Escalante with seeing as much of the country between as I can over 2 or 3 days.

That's a neat trip, I'd love to do it again as well!

Greg

Admin
21 Road is on the bucket list for me. Possibly Coyote Canyon as well.

21 is definitely on my list... for far too long now

If we do 21 Road we need to do Billings canyon and the new trail at the same time. ?

It seems like Spring and Fall are the best time to plan a 21 Road/Billings/Cutoff trip, but Spring is pretty busy. What would you guys like to see for a RME 21 Road trip, Fall-ish? Memorial Day??

Greg

Admin
Golden Spike is #1 on my list. Ridden passenger on it a few times but have never driven it myself. #2 is West Rim in Sand Hollow.

As far as obstacles go...I want to do hells gate and mickeys hot tub. Never had anyone I trust to spot me so have avoided em both.

Happy new year all!

Awesome, the Golden Spike is fun.... long, but its iconic as far as Moab trails go! I'd be down to make that trip as well.

Hells Gate isn't bad, but you're right.... a good spotter makes a big difference. I did it in the Gladiator in November, solo! :eek:

I am down to do die trying. I really want to do 21 Rd though

We should plan a hardcore RME trip to Montrose, I've only seen a few of the trails but it's a killer area with mean trails!

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
My Dad supports the AV equipment at the Bluff fort. The service missionaries do a HITR trip every spring to solidify the experience while they work at the fort. My dad invited me to go with them, so I'm tackling this in March.

I like the idea of doing it again though. They do it over 2 days and I'd like to take more time than that to explore the area.

Greg

Admin
My trail goals for 2020 haven't really been hashed out, but there some that I'd love to see.

- Spend more time exploring/camping in the Henry Mountains.

- Explore Poison Springs Canyon and find the Butch Cassidy signature.

- Plan a 3-4 day trip into Canyonlands and the Maze.

- Make another 3-4 day trip from Big Water, UT out to Alstrom Point and up to Escalante.

- Run Holy Cross trail in CO.

- Get down to St George, run some trails in Sand Hollow. Run the Barracks Trail.

- Get down to Baja over Thanksgiving with a few RME friends.

Greg

Admin
Holy Cross has been a bucket list trail for me for a long time

Same here! I just never get around to making it happen... need to plan it out and go for it.

I want in on these, but I'm not sure I can make them all this year.

I hear ya, we'll have to get together and see what we can do far as scheduling. Holy Cross will be better in the mid-late Summer, due to the elevation & snow levels.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I have a very particular schedule for my "trails" ;)
2/29-3/1 Bagdad, AZ
4/18-19 Sand Hollow
5/22-23 Delta, UT
7/11-12 Donner, CA
8/8-9 Goldendale, WA
9/12-13 Farmington, NM

The only "rec" wheeling I currently have on my calendar is EJS- the week before Sand Hollow :grimacing:

RockChucker

I’m hoping to get down to sand hollow. Have a baby coming in June, and my Jeep hasn’t moved since November. Hopefully have it running and moving by end of March. Then might make a trip south April May timeframe.