Wheelin/Trail Goals for 2021

Troop92

Considering the most "dirt" the Jeep saw last year was being directed with my trailer to the face of the Davis landfill instead of the usual concrete pad.... Anything, really. 😂

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I had the fortune, or misfortune of running it last May. We had planned on an overnight, with a stop at the overlook where the wagons came up and backtracking to the Rincon to camp by the lake for the night. However, as has been stated, it put my Jeep to the test and I had an overheating issue. That led to 10-15 minutes stretches of driving with about 30 minute cool down periods in between. I tried to convince my group to camp at the lake and my wife and I would limp along the trail towards camp. They wouldn't have it and, long story short, we did an in and back in one LOOONG day. Glad to have seen it but it's going to take a while before I want to go back there again.

4 days total would be about right. Drive to and camp at the trailhead. One day in. Camp on the trail. One day out, returning to the trailhead camp and going home the next day.

Fwiw, the Rincon Trail down to the lake is legally closed and has been for 40? years. Signs don't last long out there but the NPS can/has issued citations for those parked/camped at the lake.

my4thjeep

I did HITR in 2013 with a stock 2008 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, a 68 Ford Bronco on 33s locked both ends and a IH Scout with only a rear locker and no 4 wheel drive (hubs wouldn't stay locked for more than a few feet). We did the out and back over 3 days 2 nights early in March so the day was warm and the nights were freeeeeeezing. We didn't do much rock stacking but took plenty of time to choose our lines. The hardest part in my opinion was staying on the trail as it gets vague at times.

IMG_6389.JPG

IMG_6359.JPG

IMG_6420.JPG

UPNO4

Addicted
I'd love to run Hole in the Rock again. The Rubicon, too.

Trails I don't have a rig for (yet), but would like to plan RME trips to are Hanging Tree, 21 Road and Billings, etc.

I really need to spend time in Sand Hollow as well too, run the Barracks trail.

Far as Moab, Behind the Rocks, Moab Rim, Cliffhanger and the Pickle are on my radar.
I am up for 21 Road always wanted to do it

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Rubicon trail - think that its definitely a "go" this year. Not 100% on which jeep to take. Scrambler has good amount of room but has reliability issues. TJ is capable, but steering at anything over 40 is a white knuckler. Starting a re-work on the TJ front suspension to fix that while working on the scrambler at the same time. Hopefully one will win!

BzJeep

I've had my 2018 JLUR for about 3 years now and I was lucky enough to get to take it to Moab shortly after taking delivery of it and since I was alone, I did Fins N Things and Hell's Revenge since I was already pretty comfortable with those trails despite not having been on them in over a decade and in a YJ the previous times. I just recently did another weekend trip with an off-roading new comer who had just picked up a 2019 TRD Off-road 4Runner and being his first time, I didn't want to take him on anything I wasn't comfortable with, so you guessed it, we did Fins N Things and Hell's Revenge again!

This year, if I get a chance to go back, I'd love to do Top of the World and Poison Spider. I've done TotW in my YJ that I had back in high school, but never had the opportunity to do PS, so really looking forward to getting out on that one some time!

I also had the opportunity last year to West Rim at Sand Hollow and that was my first time on sand and while I didn't love that part of it, the trail itself was awesome and I can't wait to get back down to Sand Hollow and try another medium trail!