Where did that chicken go?

DAA

I know that rooster is around here somewhere...

20140426_Wildlife-196-W.jpg

- DAA

DAA

Must be photoshopped :D

Too funny! A guy on one of the varmint hunting boards made a big deal about saying he was Mr. Expert Photo Dude and could tell one of my pictures "has to be" fake. He went all into how the bird should be bending the branch and coyotes couldn't possibly ignore a rabbit and the shadows were wrong and on and on. Even after I told no Photoshop, real. He just said had to by lying. I'm gonna punch him in the throat if I ever get the chance :rofl:.

Here, pretty sure I posted this here at the time too, but this is the one he sill maintains "can't be real".

_MG_5295W.jpg

- DAA

DAA

Full bellied coyotes :D. Well that, and I think they had other things on their minds too - it was mating season.

But I've seen coyotes ignore potential prey many times. For whatever reasons, only the coyotes really know and they aren't talking. I've also seen them kill and not eat quite a few times. They just do what they do I guess.

One visual memory involving a coyote and rabbits. About fifteen years ago. It was still full dark, sun wouldn't be up for another half hour. But enough moonlight and with snow on the ground, I could see just fine. Walking in the long way to a spot to try and call in a particular pair of calf killing coyotes. And the area was just LOUSY with jackrabbits. I mean, LOADED. Like a biblical plague. Anyway, walking through the snow covered desert in the moonlight, come out of the bottom of a wash and start up a hill and a whole herd of a couple dozen jackrabbits in a pack goes running up the hill in front of me. I do a double take, because there is a rabbit in the middle of the pack that is just HUMONGOUS! Huge, huge, HUGE jackrabbit. Well, that's what I thought for half a second anyway, until I realized it was a coyote just running up and over the hill right in the middle of that herd of rabbits.

Just one of those moments in time you never forget.

BTW, just because it might be hard to visualize a herd of jackrabbits if you've never had the pleasure of seeing them like that, here is a video clip from ten years ago showing what I mean. Herd of rabbits.

- DAA

muleskinner

Awesome as usual!

I was going to say this pheasant pic is almost as good as the running rabbit with the two coyotes you posted last year:cool: