Where do YOU want to go?

DAA

Want to go? Not going to happen this year, but I'd like to get back to Virgin Gorda again. Spent three weeks in the villa in the background far right. Been back a couple of times since, but it has been awhile.

scan30017.jpg

Bloody Mary Breakfast from the following year at the same villa.

scan30026.jpg

- DAA

Houndoc

Want to go or where am I planning to go?
A backlog of COVID delayed trips are piling up this year, so leave for Antarctica (cruise canceled in both 2021 and 2022) next month and return to Africa (still deciding on location- either Kenya or Kruger area of South Africa) in May (need to help my son use his airline credit from cancelled trip in 2020 that expires at the end of year.) Later in the year headed to Nepal.

So, next destination I want to visit but not even in the planning stages yet would be the Amazon basin.
amazon.jpg

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
My bucket list destination is the moose lands of Alaska. And would love to see Mount Denali.

View attachment 156091
Stacie and I did this in July 2021 on adventure motorcycles. She surprised me for my birthday with a week and a half trip from Fairbanks to Anchorage. The moose there must be a different sub-species than we have here because they are SO much bigger. I almost creamed one that galloped in front of me after matching my speed at nearly 30mph.

IMG_20210719_171857.jpgIMG_20210719_124231.jpgIMG_20210718_094500.jpg

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
When I was in gradeschool my sister and BIL had a small cabin just outside Cora, WY. Several of our trips brought us through the small town of Farson, WY and I remembered stopping for an ice cream cone on several of those trips.

My wife and I were traveling in our coach through the area last summer on our way to Worland, WY where we planned on staying for several days and exploring the Big Horn and Absaroka mountain ranges. As we were approaching the small town of Farson I was telling my wife about the mercantile that I remembered as a kid.

Lo and behold it was still there. We parked in a large parking area across the street and fixed a sandwich for lunch then walked across the street to get an ice cream cone. I shot this picture and sent it to my sister to see if she remembered as it had been 40+ years ago.
farson.jpg

Then once we arrived in Worland, WY and unhooked the Jeep we were able to find some great scenic areas to explore off-road. I had heard about a little ghost town called Kirwin where Amelia Earhart was building a cabin when she made her final flight so the wife and I went off in search of it. We found it.
kirwin.jpg

The drive to Kirwin was nothing technical but the scenery was absolutely spectacular and we want to go back again.
kirwin1.jpg

My wife and I have many places that we enjoy and want to go back to but last year we made a commitment that in our RV'ing travels that we would try to seek out and explore one new area each year.

Mike

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
When I was in gradeschool my sister and BIL had a small cabin just outside Cora, WY. Several of our trips brought us through the small town of Farson, WY and I remembered stopping for an ice cream cone on several of those trips.

My wife and I were traveling in our coach through the area last summer on our way to Worland, WY where we planned on staying for several days and exploring the Big Horn and Absaroka mountain ranges. As we were approaching the small town of Farson I was telling my wife about the mercantile that I remembered as a kid.

Lo and behold it was still there. We parked in a large parking area across the street and fixed a sandwich for lunch then walked across the street to get an ice cream cone. I shot this picture and sent it to my sister to see if she remembered as it had been 40+ years ago.
View attachment 156144

Then once we arrived in Worland, WY and unhooked the Jeep we were able to find some great scenic areas to explore off-road. I had heard about a little ghost town called Kirwin where Amelia Earhart was building a cabin when she made her final flight so the wife and I went off in search of it. We found it.
View attachment 156145

The drive to Kirwin was nothing technical but the scenery was absolutely spectacular and we want to go back again.
View attachment 156146

My wife and I have many places that we enjoy and want to go back to but last year we made a commitment that in our RV'ing travels that we would try to seek out and explore one new area each year.

Mike
I spent many hours last winter parked across from that Mercantile. I had finally decided to ignore my companies rules on routing, so I started seeking routes other than I-80 to cross Wyoming. That’s when I fell back in love with Wyoming. There’s some really great exploring to be found up there between Farson and Casper.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I spent many hours last winter parked across from that Mercantile. I had finally decided to ignore my companies rules on routing, so I started seeking routes other than I-80 to cross Wyoming. That’s when I fell back in love with Wyoming. There’s some really great exploring to be found up there between Farson and Casper.

Agreed. I had never been over South Pass and that was gorgeous all the way over to Shoshoni and that was on the pavement, let alone getting off the beaten path and exploring.