Where in the World will he go?

ID Bronco

There is no longer a Cleveland Ohio mission, so I'm going with Columbus Ohio so he can server with my son! I have heard of a lot of folks getting called pretty dang close to home recently.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Looks like you will be able to talk to him more often than you probably thought.......
My wife just sent that announcement to me. Unless he changes dramatically after he leaves, I doubt I will hear from him any more often. I was going to be surprised if I got a letter from him every week. Time will tell for sure.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
The new contact allowances look like an interesting step. I have to wonder if this will help or hurt turnover rates, and homesickness.
I think it will have pros and cons, but likely more pros given today's generation of kids. Not to start a whole other topic of discussion, but people seem less resilient to trials and hard times, and kids now might need more encouragement from those they trust to make it through.

My kid is likely looking forward to leaving so he WON'T have to talk to us as much...:rofl: I will be shocked if he wants to talk/text weekly. It'll be a stretch for me to write a letter once a week...:)

ID Bronco

I spoke to my Son today with the new program. It was cool, but he said he might call every other week or once a month. We kind of ran out of things to chat about just a few minutes into it. He too, likes his space and isn't a talker or writer. It actually made me miss him more, it's an interesting deal, I am sure the results will be very individual.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I spoke to my Son today with the new program. It was cool, but he said he might call every other week or once a month. We kind of ran out of things to chat about just a few minutes into it. He too, likes his space and isn't a talker or writer. It actually made me miss him more, it's an interesting deal, I am sure the results will be very individual.

We haven't heard a thing yet, today. I think we'll take the approach that if there's something to say from his side or our side, we'll do a quick call. Otherwise we'll stick to email. We chatted with our soon to be married dude (Mar 16) that's been home since Aug '17 and he thought more conversations would be detrimental. As he got ready to come home, those conversations would have been valuable but we got through things with email.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Africa somewhere. Heard its warming up there a lot to missionary work. I was just at the Paris France temple talking to some missionaries there, three weeks ago. They have a call center there for the missionaries to work in. They said they have been getting lots of calls requesting a copy of the Bible and Book of Mormon.