Where in the World will he go?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I'm really happy for your son. That will be a tremendous experience for him and I wish him the best. What is his departure date?

My above comment stems from experience in Spain on my mission as well as a vacation we took in italy/greece years later. Anyone that served or spent time in Europe I think has run into or seen gypsies. I can't think of a specific experience or run in that shaped that involuntary shudder but they make me really nervous. When iLean went on his Euro trip earlier this year like the only advice I gave was to steer clear of gypsies.

ID Bronco

Congratulations! My ex-brother in law went to Hungary a lifetime ago, he loved it and a kid in our ward just returned from Romania/Moldova. He liked it there a lot, the work was slow, slow, slow but it made him tough.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Visiting with some friends tonight, and they said they have a neighbor who has a friend who’s son got a mission call this week... (you can see my faith in the validity already by the number of people removed I am)....
In his call is said something Similar to ‘please listen during conference for the amount of time it is anticipated that you will serve’

With all the other crazy changes happening, I am curious.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Visiting with some friends tonight, and they said they have a neighbor who has a friend who’s son got a mission call this week... (you can see my faith in the validity already by the number of people removed I am)....
In his call is said something Similar to ‘please listen during conference for the amount of time it is anticipated that you will serve’

Interesting

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member

Sounds like crazy talk to me. I'd have to see the call to believe that. Also, most of the recent changes have come with little or no "warning," right?

ID Bronco

Rumor has it 18 Mo may be the norm. Like Jeeper, I heard it second hand, and it's a rumor so who knows. Seems to me everyone knew about the 2 hour block prior to it's announcement, so who knows. It will be fun to watch.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Rumor has it 18 Mo may be the norm. Like Jeeper, I heard it second hand, and it's a rumor so who knows. Seems to me everyone knew about the 2 hour block prior to it's announcement, so who knows. It will be fun to watch.

That's interesting as I have a whole mess of priests getting ready to go out.
I heard rumors of the 2 hour block years ago as well so that's why I didn't give that one any weight. Also, I heard nothing about 11 y/o deacons... at all.
I guess we'll see.

Houndoc

I would be very surprised to see a vague hint in a mission call.

The church tends to be much more "this is how we now do it" with a very public announcement. And changes, as we know from the 11 year old moving into YM/YW, do not have to happen at Conference.

ID Bronco

Again, a little removed, but my Brother saw a photo of his friends son's mission call with the same language. Still, who knows, it will be interesting for sure!