Where to buy a newish car

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I am in the market for a new or almost new vehicle. What is the go to search tools for everyone? The market for new vehicles is still pretty tight so I'm not sure what incentives or discounts are out there. Thanks for all the help of the hive mind.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I am in the market for a new or almost new vehicle.
The market for new vehicles is still pretty tight so I'm not sure what incentives or discounts are out there.

If you are interested in any of the brands that I peddle (Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Subaru/Kia/Huey/Dewey/Louie), I'll be happy to let you know what discounts are available (as well as which cars are available).

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
A few people I know have bought their new trucks out of Colorado or Wyoming because the market there is not as ridiculous for some reason.
I just started looking in a 500 mile radius today and Colorado has several trucks for at least a few thousand less than the Utah market. Fly and drive is definitely on the menu.

I’ve had great experiences dealing with Doug Smith dealerships.
I loved dealing with Dempsey on our Subaru. However, I'm in the market for a Ford, maybe a Toyota if I can stomach the idiotic shifting.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I'm in the market for a Ford

I can't speak to new Ford pricing since we don't have a Ford franchise. However, I can state that prices for late-model used Ford trucks have definitely been dropping over the last 4 or 5 months. I occasionally work with our appraisers and look over their shoulders while we put a figure on trade-ins, and part of our appraisal process is checking the local market for similar trucks currently on sale at area dealers--not only their internet sale prices, but also how long they've been in dealer inventory. Ford trucks in particular have been experiencing significant drops in value, month after month.

FYI

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I bought my tree-fidy from these guys, almost as easy as buying a car from Dempsey. 100% worth the drive saved myself a lot of cash.

DAA

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I can't speak to new Ford pricing since we don't have a Ford franchise. However, I can state that prices for late-model used Ford trucks have definitely been dropping over the last 4 or 5 months. I occasionally work with our appraisers and look over their shoulders while we put a figure on trade-ins, and part of our appraisal process is checking the local market for similar trucks currently on sale at area dealers--not only their internet sale prices, but also how long they've been in dealer inventory. Ford trucks in particular have been experiencing significant drops in value, month after month.

FYI
That is good info Dempsey and it matches what I have been seeing. Of course I'm looking at Rangers and of all the Ford trucks, they are in the shortest supply at the moment.

I bought my tree-fidy from these guys, almost as easy as buying a car from Dempsey. 100% worth the drive saved myself a lot of cash.
I'll definitely check them out. Thanks.

Jack spent $300 with a guy in Grand Junction on a computer flash that drastically improved the shifting on the truck he bought from @Tonkaman
I am a bit of a Toyota fan boy, it's hard to beat the value in a Tacoma if you are buying new. To be honest I haven't driven a new one since about 2019 and I know Toyota claims to have worked on the issue quite a bit. I plan do go drive one today or tomorrow and see how I like the newest version. Twin turbos are really appealing to me right now though. :D