Where to buy DOM?

I know this has been covered but I can't search since DOM is only three letters. Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy a stick or two of 2" 1/4 wall DOM for radius arms?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Used to be marmon keystone, but I was alwaying buying 10 sticks plus. But dusty at midnight 4x4 has always taken care if my smaller orders plus brackets

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
M4x4 probably gives the best prices for small amounts. What I’d like to see is another group buy cause I’m gonna need a bunch.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have a bunch of DOM just not exactly the size you asked for. I have a lot of 2" 5/16 wall which would make strong arms but would require machining about 2" in on each end to accept the standard tube inserts. We also have some 1.75 1/2 wall that would need threads cut into the ends.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of DOM just not exactly the size you asked for. I have a lot of 2" 5/16 wall which would make strong arms but would require machining about 2" in on each end to accept the standard tube inserts. We also have some 1.75 1/2 wall that would need threads cut into the ends.

I need 1 1/2" and 1". I'm sure 1/4" wall would be fine since this is a street rig.....it won't get mashed up against any rocks. I'll reach out to Midnight tomorrow and see if they have some. Thanks for the help!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I'd go to Wasatch Steel and get 2" schedule 40 for radius arms. That's what I did when I built Cory's Cherokee radius arms suspension (I copied the geometry from TNTs kit). You end up with .48" wall and that won't bend. I bent the crap out of my 2" square 1/4" wall lowers before I swapped to heavier. (And 2" square has a higher bending moment than 2" tube with the same wall thickness.)

TerryHowe

I have 10' of 1-1/2 OD x .250 wall x 1.00 ID and 18' of 1-1/2 OD x .188 wall x 1.124 ID for $50 if anyone gets down to Durango area. I've had it for 10 years or more and just don't think I'm going to find a use for it.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
I'd go to Wasatch Steel and get 2" schedule 40 for radius arms. That's what I did when I built Cory's Cherokee radius arms suspension (I copied the geometry from TNTs kit). You end up with .48" wall and that won't bend. I bent the crap out of my 2" square 1/4" wall lowers before I swapped to heavier. (And 2" square has a higher bending moment than 2" tube with the same wall thickness.)

Schedule 40 2" pipe has only a .154" wall thickness. Sounds like you got some Schedule 160 or heavier.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I was spitballing and I was wrong saying .48" was schd40
You're correct It was really probably schd160 we used and it's .44 total wall

Just like when cheapos bring 1.25" scd 40 to have me do a cage. It's supposed to be 1.66 (in reality it's usually 1.68")