Where to find cheap angle finder?

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
I'm just lookin' for something cheap to check driveline angles and set up suspension brackets with. Any ideas where I can get an angle finder at? How much $'s? ...near or around AF would be ideal.

Mike

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
the answer to any "cheap tool question" is always harbor freight. they are VERY cheap there but they have magnetic bases and work well!!

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by spencurai
the answer to any "cheap tool question" is always harbor freight. they are VERY cheap there but they have magnetic bases and work well!!

This is where I bought mine, like $2.99.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Shawn

This is where I bought mine, like $2.99.

Wow that is cheap, I might have to go gragb one of those later this week, you can never have too many tools.

BTW has anyone tried out the cheapo die-grinders harbor freight sells for like 10-$15 bucks? Worth the $$$?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I've heard the cheapy grinders suck super bad. They burn out really quickly, so you'll end up spending more on grinders than if you just bought a good one.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
When you say "die grinder", are you referring to an electric angle grinder, or a pneumatic rotary tool? (I've heard people refer to both as "die grinders")

I have a HF die grinder (pneumatic), and it works great. I don't usually trust HF electric tools, but I'm considering getting a $9.97 grinder just to see how long it'll last. :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yeah I'm talking about the air operated die grinder...sounds like yours works ok, I'll have to try one out. I hate using the expensive one for hours on end...seems like a cheap alternative. As far as electric HF tools, my bro was in a pinch cuz' I was using our 8" grinder, so he went and bought a HF one, it sucks but it did the job for $19.99... the trigger is already going out and the housing tweeks when you put any pressure on it...IMHO