where to get

MattL

I want to redo the spring mounts for my jeep and need new spring mounts but i have no idea where or what to get.

The springs I am going to use is stock wranger springs.

thanks

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've always got mine at Six States. like $15/pr, I think. I believe they are 'Dana' brand, too. They'll work on nearly and axle, I've used them on a AMC20, Dana 30, 35, and a Toyota Housing.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
The best spring purch out there is the one you make. They can be made longer to help eliminate axel wrap, and stronger so they won't break.

Easy to make. If you have the time. ;)

MattL

I am sorry, I didnt make my self clear.

I need the spring mount to the frame.

The jeep has a shackle reverse and it is the stationary part on the front of the frame, not the actual movable shackle.

I know this sounds like cave man talk cause i lost the train of thought of the actual technical terms.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by miatre
I am sorry, I didnt make my self clear.

I need the spring mount to the frame.

The jeep has a shackle reverse and it is the stationary part on the front of the frame, not the actual movable shackle.

I know this sounds like cave man talk cause i lost the train of thought of the actual technical terms.

Doh, my bad!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Both shawn and I did this, and we both took it off. What happens is, when you are climbing a steep incline, the front end will pull away from your jeep. the pinion dives and you get a lot of axle wrap from your front. Not to mention you WILL need a wery long slipshaft on your driveshaft. The only good thing a reversal nets is a better ride on the street, but that can be had with better springs. I've broke a lot of driveshafts with this set up.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
There's nothing wrong with a shackle reversal if you get the springs set up the right way. Depending on how long your shackle is, and the fore mentioned spring set up, you may not need a super long travel driveline. The best reversal kit I have seen is made by 4 plus(bolt on). But if this is from existing your gonna have to fab something.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
i would say do the shackle reversal and make a good wrap bar..

i use jeep springs and i have toy allpro hangers...

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Hmmm... First time I've heard of people NOT liking the shackle reversal. I have one and it works much better for me than with the shackle on the front. I do have an anti-wrap bar, and a very long slip shaft though. I find it is much easier on leaf springs.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by RockMonkey
Hmmm... First time I've heard of people NOT liking the shackle reversal. I have one and it works much better for me than with the shackle on the front. I do have an anti-wrap bar, and a very long slip shaft though. I find it is much easier on leaf springs.

After I redid my shackel reversal is when I noticed the big difference.

I My time, I will never recomend doing a shackel reversal on an dedicated (or close to it) trail rig.

grinch

inner city redneck
DOH.... I forgot to mention if ou dont want to make spring hangers 6 states has the kind your looking for and so does mepco if your really desprate.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Shawn

After I redid my shackel reversal is when I noticed the big difference.

I My time, I will never recomend doing a shackel reversal on an dedicated (or close to it) trail rig.

Bingo Baby.