where to go shooting in midway

rholbrook

Not in the city limits but my friends grandma has a farm that we go shoot the yellow bellied marmots. What a riot. Those things dig holes under all the barns and throughout the pastures. We use 22 shorts so they are nice and quiet. The fox coming out of the river bottom love it when we go shooting on the farm. They eat well.

sixstringsteve

Thanks Russ. Is there anywhere nearby (outside the city limits) that would be legal?

We had a girl's camp scheduled this week at Payson Lakes. I was going to teach them shooting up there, but because of the bears, we had to change locations. So now we'll be camping in the Midway area. I still want to teach the girls to shoot, but I don't know where it'd be legal to take them.

sixstringsteve

cool, thanks Russ. I'll have to call the local PD to see if shooting is still allowed up there. I really appreciate the help.

sixstringsteve

I'm trying to get in touch with the heber valley gun club. I've tried email and calling, but no luck so far. Anyone have any contacts in that club?

Also, does anyone know of any good spots to shoot up near cascade springs? I need to make sure I'm not in wasatch state park, but I'd like to shoot up there too.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I was going to suggest the Gun Club. They may have odd hours, so I'd call a little later in the day. Maybe try contacting Heber Valley Parks and Recreation?
Also, my grandmothers barn always has pigeons that need to be taken out. I'll get you directions ;)

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
The shooting range is open Thursday nights, and i believe open all day Saturday. You could go up to Big Hollow just above the gun club, and shoot i've been there a couple times.

Last edited: