Where's the beef?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Last Christmas my wife's parents bought us a crate of beef from an outfit in southern Idaho. It's almost gone and I want more. You who buy your beef by the cow, who do you use?

And is anyone else looking to go in on a cow right now?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have a few contacts. I'll reach out to them. They may have people already committed? They usually like you to buy a calf in the spring, then butcher in the fall (or similar?)

Reactions: DAA

Kevin B.

I have a few contacts. I'll reach out to them. They may have people already committed? They usually like you to buy a calf in the spring, then butcher in the fall (or similar?)

Yeah, I wasn't sure about timing. I'm ok with waiting if we have to.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
There's a farm down the street from me in WJ. Seems like the location would be nice for you 🐄
My wife surprised me with some bacon from there but that's all we've used them for.

Kevin B.

My dad used to use Theurer's up in Tremonton to process his beef. He got out of the cattle game about 10 years ago though...

Theurers is where my inlaws went. The steaks and roasts weren't exceptionally tender or flavorful, but at $2.99/lb for a half cow I'm tempted to drive up there anyway.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
My grandpa's go to was Palmer's Meat Packing. Did his cows when he still had some, still buy through them today.

I think Palmer was my high school calculus teacher.

He used to drive a truck with a big boom in the back to help with on-site processing... :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
If anyone is interested, I just got this from a friend.

Marc hey I’ve got a bunch of hamburger for sale if you or the friends you talked about are interested. I’m just selling it by the package 1 lb. and patties for $3.25 lb. No cut or wrap fee. Just thought I’d let you know. If you don’t no problem. Thanks.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
If anyone is interested, I just got this from a friend.

Marc hey I’ve got a bunch of hamburger for sale if you or the friends you talked about are interested. I’m just selling it by the package 1 lb. and patties for $3.25 lb. No cut or wrap fee. Just thought I’d let you know. If you don’t no problem. Thanks.
Thats a pretty good price.

First questions from an old meat industry guy, how old is it? and what are the percentages...? 73/27, 80/20, 85/15, 93/7? Bonus points if its angus. ;)