Which 40 is good these days?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Been looking at the Patagonia MT for my truck and was wondering if anybody here knows what the real world difference is between the MT and the MT-02 is?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I paid for my 37" Patagonia MTs, and I'm definitely not an influencer. I don't hate them, but I don't love them either. They are a fine inexpensive tire for my use.

I'm running them on my 80 series Land Cruiser that likely weighs in around 7k lbs. They seem to be wearing evenly after about 10-15k miles, and have hooked up fine in rocks, mud, sand, and snow. I can honestly say they have never left me wishing I had a different tire.

I did have to replace 1 in 2022 because I picked up a spike on the TCRR grade, it was in the tread (not sidewall) but left a massive hole the tire shop wouldn't plug, so that would've applied to any tire.

I personally don't understand the hate for them. They have been fine for me. I haven't listened to anyone that says they love them either. I bought them because they were cheaper than any other 37 and they were pretty prevalent when I bought them in spring of 2021. If they weren't $100 less per tire than the next closest option, I can't say I would have bought them, but I don't regret buying them either.

I have heard they don't wear or hold up well on heavy pickup trucks, but I have zero experience with that application.

Last edited:

NYCEGUY01

Anyone try the all terrain milestars. Been wanting some 40's for my blazer but less aggressive seems better for this one...

edit - screw it...
Just ordered a set... We can see how they look when they get here.
$365 40" tires with free shipping..lol Ive spent more for worse Im guessing.
Now just got to stock up on Sawzall blades.
Gonna run them on my Blazer with only 4-5" of lift....

s-l400.jpg

Last edited: