Which camera do you shoot with?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Thought we could discuss what you folks are using to take some of these great photos! Feel free to share your camera and lens collection with others!

This thread is geared towards nicer cameras, more than your average point & shoot. ;)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I finally upgraded my camera, I've been using compact point & shoot's for a long time, but I wanted a better way to document the places I visit and have a camera that takes higher quality photos. I needed something that wasn't too big, so I can easily pack it around, was easy to learn for a simpleton like myself and capable of taking great photos.

I ended up with an Olympus E-PL1.... it's a 12.3 MP DSLR Camera that came with a 14-42 mm and 40-150 mm Lens.

So far it's been a good camera, but I've barely scratched the surface of what it's capable of. I'm excited to use it often and figure out how to get the best shots. Most of the photos I've taken have been on Auto, other than a few Macro images of flowers. I'm really impressed with how well colors come thru with the E-PL1, landscape photos are amazing!

I really want to figure out how to take good HDR images next!

DAA

Just recently upgraded to a DSLR from point and shoot also. I'm running a Canon 60D, with Canon 10-22 EF-S, 18-135 EF-S and 55-250 EF-S lenses, plus a Sigma 150-500.

- DAA

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Greg, I may be doing a workshop on HDR here in Utah, very soon. I may do Moab if I can get enough willing to head down there. I will charge a fee, but it will be very detailed OCD type instruction. Probably 4-6 hours.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Just recently upgraded to a DSLR from point and shoot also. I'm running a Canon 60D, with Canon 10-22 EF-S, 18-135 EF-S and 55-250 EF-S lenses, plus a Sigma 150-500.

- DAA

I almost bought that same EF-S 10-22 but I did not want to spend the cash on a lens that wont fit on a full frame :-/

muleskinner

Canon EOS1D MarkIII Camera
Canon Digital rebel Camera
Canon 70-200 F2.8LIS
Canon 24-70 F2.8L
Canon 100mm F2.8 Macro
Canon 20mm F2.8
Canon 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6
Canon MR-14EX ring flash for macro lens
Canon 580EXII camera flash
Sekonic L-358 light meter
Elinchrom Skyports
Bogen Tripods
Canon GL2 Video camera
And..

I'm really thinking of downsizing my gear. I just don't shoot enough anymore to justify it.

Anyone want to buy some camera/gear?:D

DAA

Or the 100 macro, or the 70-200 2.8? Killer deal style, of course :D.

I almost bought that same EF-S 10-22 but I did not want to spend the cash on a lens that wont fit on a full frame :-/

I hear what you're saying, had the same thoughts myself. But, honestly, I've just barely started getting to know my 60D and as of now, doubt that I ever will go FF. Or, even if I do, don't think I'll be without a smaller crop body for hiking with and stuff. But, even if someday I ditch the cropper and go FF all the way, I bought the 10-22 used and will probably be able to sell it with little or no loss. So, I figured, what the heck :D.

In a way, buying it WAS a mistake though... It has easily noticeable higher IQ than the 18-135 kit lens that came with the body. Which, has me thinking of replacing the 18-135 with something nicer and much more expensive. Can't decide between the 15-85 EF-S or the 24-105L though. Will probably pull the trigger on one of those two (used) sometime in the next couple of months though - if I can ever make up my mind which :rofl:.

- DAA

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Nikon D70S
Nikkor 18-70mm 3.5-4.5 DX (62mm w/ polarized filter)
Nikkor 70-300mm 4-5.6

... I still don't fully know what I'm doing with it... :)

Last edited:

muleskinner

Or the 100 macro, or the 70-200 2.8? Killer deal style, of course :D.

I hear what you're saying, had the same thoughts myself. But, honestly, I've just barely started getting to know my 60D and as of now, doubt that I ever will go FF. Or, even if I do, don't think I'll be without a smaller crop body for hiking with and stuff. But, even if someday I ditch the cropper and go FF all the way, I bought the 10-22 used and will probably be able to sell it with little or no loss. So, I figured, what the heck :D.

In a way, buying it WAS a mistake though... It has easily noticeable higher IQ than the 18-135 kit lens that came with the body. Which, has me thinking of replacing the 18-135 with something nicer and much more expensive. Can't decide between the 15-85 EF-S or the 24-105L though. Will probably pull the trigger on one of those two (used) sometime in the next couple of months though - if I can ever make up my mind which :rofl:.

- DAA

24-105L;)

DAA

That's the way I'm currently leaning. Seems like the 10-22 I already have, a 24-105L and a 70-200L would make a pretty killer three piece lens kit.

- DAA

muleskinner

That's the way I'm currently leaning. Seems like the 10-22 I already have, a 24-105L and a 70-200L would make a pretty killer three piece lens kit.

- DAA

I shot a wedding with one, it's a pretty nice lens. If you ever get around the Beaver area let me know and you can try my 24-70L. It is super fast and super sharp.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Just bought the 70-200mm for my
nex 5!

I have wanted to carry two cameras for awhile, Sony one hasn't moved in 6 months, no need to.

Will be real interesting now, a aps-c sensor on the Sony.

So 1.6x crop factor gives me a 300mm. Nice light camera, long reach. I'll post some results when I use it.

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
Olympus E-510
Zuiko 14-42 3.5-5.6
Zuiko 12-60 2.8-4 ED SWD
Zuiko 40-150 4-5.6
Zuiko 50-200 2.8-3.5 ED SWD
FL-36 flash
FL-50R remote flash
Bogen/Manfrotto tripod

I'm thinking up and down size, an E-5 body, and an Olympus ZX-1 pointer shooter (that can also run those flashes) in the nearing future.