Which camera do you shoot with?

sixstringsteve

I love the 14-42 lens. Small, light, compact, and it looks great. It's not super fast, but it's nice.

The big appeal of the g7 (to me) was being able to shoot 4k video.

pELYgroso

'Merica
I just picked up the Sony a6000 with the kit lens and another cannon lens for the up close macro shots. (With adapter for cannon lenses)
So far I love it! The camera takes awesome pictures and the lens lets me get the exact type of shots I was wanting.

sixstringsteve

Awesome, that should be a great camera for what you need. I wasn't sure how they'd hold up for macro work, so I'm glad you posted your feedback here.

RogueJeepr

Here!
I also ordered me a new camerea. Got the Panasonic G7 14-42mm w/ a 13 piece kit and tele/wide lenses .:D

Last edited:

lhracing

I just picked up the Sony a6000 with the kit lens and another cannon lens for the up close macro shots. (With adapter for cannon lenses)
So far I love it! The camera takes awesome pictures and the lens lets me get the exact type of shots I was wanting.

I too have the a6000, it is a nice camera. I like its small size and features but as Steve said in an earlier post "It's the artist, not the paintbrush" I need some more experience and possibly a class or two.

RogueJeepr

Here!
That's what the photography challenge thread is for. To improve your photo skills. I have one last pic to do with my old camera before I start all over with the new camera.

Rock Taco

So Santa ended up bringing me a A6000 for Christmas. He skipped out on the kit and got me the body and 2 lenses the [h=1]Sony SEL35F18 35mm f/1.8 and the Sigma 19mm f2.8 DN lenses. I guess he figured I could get a better quality zoom lens later on. [/h]
He told me...ok enough with the santa stuff! I did quite a bit of research and pretty much followed the advise of this site. http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/first-sony-e-mount-lenses-to-buy/ Trying to be budget conscious and still get good quality. I haven't shot anything with it yet but a few pics around the house. Still need to learn how to use it to take full advantage of it. I did pick up a couple of extra batteries and I am still waiting on a few other things to show up (screen protector, hot shoe cover etc).

I have been looking at some Peak Design products as well. Anyone here have any experience with their stuff? https://www.peakdesign.com/

RogueJeepr

Here!
Steve :: Have you done any star pics with your Panasonic G7 yet.?
I haven't had much time to play with my camera yet but the few minutes I had. I tried a night sky pic but didn't turn out , using shutter priority .

sixstringsteve

I might have once or twice. I now use my sony for star pics. I'd recommend learning to shoot in manual so you can control everything. Shoot at 30 sec, f4 or something like that, at iso 1600. See how that looks.

Houndoc

Before my recent Africa trip, I added a Nikon D5300 to the stable (not all that different than the D5200 we already had, which is nice since we go back and forth between the two). Having the second camera body allowed us to keep different lenses on and ready (18-250 on one, 150-600 on the other) for variety of shots. Made it also kind of fun to see how my wife and I ended with different photo perspectives of the same experiences.

We also have a little waterproof Nikon point and shoot- surprisingly handy and durable little camera.