Which to keep, Denali or LX470?

DAA

I was aware of the sales tax break and it's one of the reasons I was hoping to just take the easy route and do a trade in this time. Was not aware of the possibility of making that work with a private sale. I'll bring it up, when and if we get to that point.

Thanks for all the thoughts everyone!

- DAA

DAA

It's always major drama when you go to a dealer X-D

Sure seems that way. Didn't used to be, but in recent years, it seems like every time, they pull such a dishonest move and act like they think I'm so stupid it makes my blood boil.

Starting tomorrow evening. I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to it.

- DAA

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Sure seems that way. Didn't used to be, but in recent years, it seems like every time, they pull such a dishonest move and act like they think I'm so stupid it makes my blood boil.

Starting tomorrow evening. I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to it.

- DAA
Looking forward to seeing how much they offer you for your different vehicles.

rholbrook

I have had a dealer work the sale of a vehicle I had once. I told the dealership I would buy the new truck if I could trade my old truck in and then they sell it to the new buyer for x amount but that they only charge the new buyer a processing fee to do all the paperwork. The new buyer would then buy the old truck from the dealer at the states price I sold it to him for plus the processing fee. The dealer did it for us.

Reactions: DAA

DAA

So... Things escalated quickly today :D.

Cindy sold her Denali for $7K, without any help from me. So, that was that.

Went to go look at some stuff...

She has a new JLU Rubi in the driveway... The 2.0, just put too much of a smile on her face driving it not to get it. 315 KO2's are already ordered...

- DAA

DAA

I had no input on the color. Cindy always picks the colors, even on my truck and my Jeep. If it was up to me, as the caretaker of them all, they would all be white :D. Although, they did have a Stingray one, with color matched hard top and flares, that I was glad she didn't pick. It's all personal preference and whatever anyone else likes is fine but I have never liked the look of color matched tops and flares on a Wrangler. They just look too fancy - in a cheap way.

- DAA

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Hooray... Dave had an experience at a dealer that was not TFU for once, even more amazingly, at that dealer. congrats Dave...

edit: maybe find a different dealer for service though:mad:

DAA

Service dept. lived up to it's rep. Cindy went back yesterday to have the new tires mounted.

The service writers treated her so bad I couldn't make her go back there and deal with them even if I wanted to. No need to go into all the gory details, but what was supposed to be a simple tire swap turned into multiple hours of drama complete with me having to go in and make a stink. They literally would not even talk to her. Just left her sitting there for an hour, until I got there and started to make things "interesting". Then they screwed up a simple tire swap about as thoroughly as it could be. Kind of unbelievable.

We have three free oil changes coming. But I don't think we'll even use them. I'll have to take it in there if we do, Cindy won't have anything to do with those people.

- DAA

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I don't know how different the 2.0 would be, but oil changes are stupid easy on my 2015 JK. The newer style oil filter setup makes it nice.

Reactions: DAA

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I love my GM's, but when I was researching Yukon's before we bought our 03 it seemed that the Denali's had a ton of transmission issues for some reason, still one of the best looking rigs on the road though and I would keep it till it falls apart on you.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Service dept. lived up to it's rep. Cindy went back yesterday to have the new tires mounted.

The service writers treated her so bad I couldn't make her go back there and deal with them even if I wanted to. No need to go into all the gory details, but what was supposed to be a simple tire swap turned into multiple hours of drama complete with me having to go in and make a stink. They literally would not even talk to her. Just left her sitting there for an hour, until I got there and started to make things "interesting". Then they screwed up a simple tire swap about as thoroughly as it could be. Kind of unbelievable.

We have three free oil changes coming. But I don't think we'll even use them. I'll have to take it in there if we do, Cindy won't have anything to do with those people.

- DAA

Have you guys ever used Jay's Tire Pros or the new Big O in Bountiful? I have had very good service from both places for tires, with all of the crap that you put up with from that dealer over the years you should try elsewhere.