Which to keep, Denali or LX470?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've had good experiences the few times I've went to Jay's. Have heard that others have NOT had good experiences there. I just go to Discount for tires. Any repairs I've needed I've had good experience a couple times at Evans Automotive. Not the cheapest but fair priced and fixed the first time.

rholbrook

I have used Jay's for over 10 years with zero issues. When I used to piss away money on tires and 22" wheels for everything I owned, Jay was the beneficiary of all that cash I threw around. He knows that I pass 10 tire stores on my way from Kaysville to Bountiful. Now that I am wiser and thriftier, he still treats me right. I have used Les Schwab in Kaysville once because I went in for some tire balancing because I was headed to Idaho and didnt have time to run to Jays and during that visit I came away with a long list of must fixes on a truck with 30K miles on it. Never again. I have used Burt Brothers in Farmington a few times with zero issues there too.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I have had several sets of used tires mounted at Jay's and they treated me well even if I didn't buy from them, even dismounted a set for free on a separate occasion. If you ever go to the new Big O on 500 west ask if Ray can do the work, the guy knows how to mount tires using the least amount of weight even if it's more work to rotate the tire on the wheel to get it right.

ID Bronco

I went in to get one of their 'free pre-trip' inspections. They gave me a list of items to replace.. They wanted $800 per axle to change my brakes! :oops:... The reasoning was that they HAVE to change the calipers also, because calipers are not meant to be pushed in and out multiple times. :ugh:

I quit working at Les Schwab years and years ago because of this. They blame it on the warranty (we can't warranty a part we don't replace) but I always felt like I was a crook trying to sell it. I parted ways and they kept on going. Which in hindsight was great. I have only been there once in 19 years since then.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Back when Les was still around, Les Schwab was freaking awesome. I remember my dad would pull into the parking lot and a dude would be running out of the garage before we could get out of the car. And then you'd go inside and wait while they did whatever it was you were there for them to do and you'd look through the window into the garage and they'd literally be running around the place, just cranking out alignments and tire rotations and whatever and kicking ass. Once several years ago I tagged a rock on hwy 26 north of Prineville at like 7pm. We got the donut on and limped into town, got to the Les Schwab just as the counter lady was locking up and going home, she got on the phone with one of her techs, dragged him away from his family dinner to get us a replacement wheel, and he did it with a smile on his face.

Used to be, Les Schwab was the only place I'd take a car or truck. And then Les left the picture and that chain went to shit. I won't set foot in one now.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
On the flip side, I had an awesome experience at the Big O in Tremonton. I'm not normally a huge fan of Big O either, but this place is legit. I blew up a tire on the way to the Sun Tunnels for FYTO last December, and then on my way out on Saturday I pulled off in Snowville and found my spare bleeding air and wouldn't take a plug. There's a big fat pile of nothing open in Snowville on a weekend, but AAA got me to the Big O in Tremonton. The owner was at the counter, and he didn't have a tire for me, but he did know how to get ahold of the guy who owned the junkyard across town, and he got in his own truck, on a Saturday afternoon, to head down there and grab me a used tire and get me back on the road.

I dunno that I'll ever need tire services in Tremonton again in my life, but if I do I know where to go.