Whiskey

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
So the world is a flaming pile right now, so lets refocus ourselves on the important things in life; like whiskey (or whisky).
I cut my teeth on Jack Daniels like all stupid college kids. But these days I'm more partial to rye's than bourbons. My go to is High West Rendezvous Rye, but that $65 price point is a killer. I really like Pikesville, but its been hard to find of late. Just grabbed a bottle of Pendleton 1910 Canadian Rye today, I'll probably pour a nice glass tomorrow night for obvious reasons.
Whats everyone else's choice?

DAA

Hmmmm.... Whiskey... Whiskey-Whiskey-Whiskey!

My tastes far out run my budget. I too, like all stupid junior high kids, cut my teeth on Jack. And it's still my favorite if I'm going to mix whiskey with Coke. But I almost never mix whiskey with anything. I even close my eyes when I'm drinking it sometimes, so I don't see it coming, so my mouth won't start watering before the whiskey can get there.

For drinking within my means, I've been on a several year Woodford kick. Prefer the regular, not the double oaked nor wheat.

Not a big fan of most High West offerings, but do very much enjoy the Rendezvous rye. That's good stuff. Very bright, clear beginning, middle and end. Like Stephen though, at $65, ehhh, I don't drink it very often. For that kind of money, I'm more likely to go for Bulleit 10 year or Russell's, if available.

My go to ryes for the money are Knob Creek and regular Bulleit. Rittenhouse is good for making Old Fashioneds but a bit isn't that great straight.

Irish has a place in my regular rotation, Bushmills Black if I'm feeling like spending a bit, Jameson if not.

When money isn't an issue (usually meaning, I'm not buying it...), I really, really like good scotch, too. My favorite within the realm of semi-reality being a Macallan 18. But at $225 that is only semi-reality. I do get one bottle a year gifted to me though and I do very much appreciate it. Have also had the pleasure of pigging out on some of the really crazy expensive scotch whiskeys and they are incredible, but way out of my stratosphere. But if you do ever get the chance to horkel down half a bottle of Macallan 25 ($1700) with a Cohiba Behike ($400), I highly recommend it :cool:.

- DAA

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I’ll jump on board the rendezvous train probably my favorite whiskey right now. Double rye when budget doesn’t allow rendezvous.

Think Woodford is the best bang for the buck.

Knob Creek will do as well.

If you can find it and budget allows Blanton’s is also pretty good.

Been on a bit of a rum kick lately, Kirk and Sweeney 18 year is pretty tasty

The_Lobbster

Wild turkey 101 with some coke. Can’t do it straight, never have been able to drink anything straight.

Got into wine a couple years ago though, that and gin and tonic.

Good thing I saw this thread, it reminds me that I need to sober up again! I’ve been drinking a lot lately and overall I feel like garbage haha.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think everyone is either a Jim, Jack, or John person. My go to camping whiskey is John Jameson.

Eagle rare is my go to basic sipping bourbon or cocktail bourbon, but it's stupid that it's somehow become a difficult find. It's a $28 bottle with no age classification for shit sakes. I generally like cask strength bourbon though.

I like the irish pot whiskey, Red Breast 12/15, midleton etc. I've never been a big scotch drinker, but the Macallan whiskeys have always been good. The Macallan 18 @DAA mentioned is one of my all time favorite sippers.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I’ve been on the Woodford train for a while too, but I now enjoy the lower priced High West goodies here and there. Double Rye ain’t too bad!

Reactions: DAA

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Don't think I don't notice the empty pappy, I hope you're the guy that emptied it

Reactions: DAA

Pike2350

Whiskey's really the only liquor I drink....except for the occasional Rum in a mojito. I'm very partial to Canadian whiskies and love a good Crown however their price tag is too steep. I found an OK alternative with Canadian club. A lot cheaper but still has a decent flavor similar to Crown. Since I mix my drink with Coke Zero 99% of the time I can't it see the sense in getting a fancy whiskey.