White Rim Info/Help

cjfj80

Has anyone been on the White Rim in the last couple weeks? I'm trying to find trail conditions and if it would be okay currently in a stock Sequoia...
I am suppose to leave tomorrow to be a support vehicle for some mtbr.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

rholbrook

I did it a couple of years ago but you pretty much do the whole thing in a stock awd car. There is only really one section that would require any type of ground clearance

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
We did it in March a few years back. We pushed through a few hundred feet of 18" snow drifts on the north facing climbs, but otherwise was no big deal.

I doubt there is snow like that this year. Unfortunately the nps service is useless and will just tell you it's impassable until the stock AWD car can make it.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I’ve done it in a friend’s slightly lifted Jeep Commander on slightly bigger tires. You should be good.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Is there a gate coming in on mineral bottom?

Our trip was over March 10th, so a bit earlier and a bit more of snow that year

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1648259969892.jpg
    FB_IMG_1648259969892.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 22
  • FB_IMG_1648259941133.jpg
    FB_IMG_1648259941133.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 22
  • FB_IMG_1648259988906.jpg
    FB_IMG_1648259988906.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 22

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I don't think there's a gate on Mineral, and I think Potash is always open too.

Which is weird, because of the two sets of switchbacks I'd be more nervous about the set into Mineral if it were icy, then about Schafer.

Tonkaman

I don't think there's a gate on Mineral, and I think Potash is always open too.

Which is weird, because of the two sets of switchbacks I'd be more nervous about the set into Mineral if it were icy, then about Schafer.
Correct, and I agree that Schafer is no more sketchy than mineral.

Last time I was there, the gate to Schafer got locked that morning. This caused us to backtrack and start at mineral instead. Heading down the switchbacks we got to a Boulder in the road. We had the options to reverse back up the switchbacks or crawl the front right tire over the Boulder and hope the sliders would take care of the rest. We chose the sketchy option to press on :cool: