Who else works every weekend?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Eternal three day weekends are a huge bonus for the 4/10 schedule, but I've been lured in on that promise only to have it turn into 5/10 and then 6/10.
That's kinda where I'm at now. It was supposed to eventually become a 7 on/7 off schedule. Now it's Friday- Tuesday 5-14's. And I don't go home between shifts.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I only work on weekends on Emergency basis. Maybe a few times a year.

But seriously, does anyone actually work anymore. I like to go to costco on Thursdays. And its always packed.

I basically work 7 am to 8 pm most days though. Two businesses is starting to kill me off.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I've probably worked less than 12 weekends in the last 16 years and I won't be adding to that # anytime soon. That being said it doesn't seem to matter, I'm always so busy with stuff anyways- regardless of the day.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Going on 8 years of grave yards here. I love it. I dont sleep much so i get alot done before my shift. 8pm-5am sun-thur. For the first 5 of those years we was 4-12s and we had to work two weeks of weekend two weeks of weekdays and switch. I dont miss the weekends but i do miss the extra days off. My friends all know my schedule and work around it pretty good.

Last edited:

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Just switched to 4/10 thanks to @Corban_White motivating me to push for it. This is my 2nd week and looking forward to being off tomorrow. It totally makes up for a restrictive PTO policy

Sucks for all you guys that have to work every weekend :puke:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Sucks for all you guys that have to go camping and try to get things done on weekends ;) It's so much more pleasant running errands when everything is open and camping while everyone is at work.

That is, when I have days off during the week ;)