Who's up for a clean-up???

jp008

I know we didn't make the mess at Lil' Moab but who would be willing to do a clean up out there? I was out there this weekend and that place is a pig sty. I almost feel ashamed to go out there because of the garbage. If we don't do it who will? Next thing you know it will be closed and where else will we be able to play? I don't have a date in mind but I'm thinking sometime after EJS.

Anyone?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'd have to drive my GMC (anyone throwing stuff in the back, it goes over the down tailgate....OK? it's a tow rig....:D )......with a purpose.....count me in, but give me a couple of weeks notice to save up for fuel....:D .

I won't be available April 19th-28th or so, but any other time, I'm probably in good shape.

mbryson

Supporting Member
How do we find out the 'landowner' and notify them that we would like to be responsible and help clean up 'their' property (is it BLM land?)?

Do we want a write up to send to the paper or anything? Good press is nice for any 4WD group.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
there are a lot of clean-ups out there every year but it seems to get trashed again real quick. i really wish we could eliminate the "redneck" faction of the offroad community, those bastards give us such a bad reputation it makes me sick. there is always clean-up happening down at little sahara too because the rednecks go out there and trash the place!!! count me in for an extra pair of hands and photo-documentation. i have friends that have connections in the news biz, so we might be able to get some media coverage. i have access to all the high end video equipment by virtue of working for a company that rents to tv stations and such. you guys just let me know and i can get a beta-cam or a nice DV-cam and do some serious editing. i also have friends in the editing business that do commercials and such if we wanted to do an anti-sierra-suwa campaign.....well lets just stick to the clean up for now. when did you have in mind.......probably after brent gets some new drivelines right!!??!!:D

jp008

That's a good idea. I'm not sure how to find out. Maybe the county assessor (sp?) would be able to tell us.
Could someone living in Utah co. do this for us?

I'm not sure of the official name but maybe someone with a GPS could get coordinates and give them to the county and get some info that way.

You guys are great. I will try to gather more info and I would like to get some dates that most everyone could show up so this could get done.

Thanks for your support and use of your truck donations.

jp008

When I was there Sunday I saw alot of general garbage. Beer bottles, pop cans, shotgun shells, etc..... You know, just garbage. Crap you wouldn't want in your front yard or your neighbors.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
before the clean up they did last year there was old refrigerators, an old water heater, an old burnt out cab-over camper shell-unit thingy it was bad with a capital "B". it must still be bad but not as bad as it was before!!

DToy

I'm in, as long as it's not April 11-14th. Let's set a date for sure so that everyone can start planning, maybe Saturday April 6th?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by spencurai
there are a lot of clean-ups out there every year but it seems to get trashed again real quick. i really wish we could eliminate the "redneck" faction of the offroad community, those bastards give us such a bad reputation it makes me sick. there is always clean-up happening down at little sahara too because the rednecks go out there and trash the place!!! count me in for an extra pair of hands and photo-documentation. i have friends that have connections in the news biz, so we might be able to get some media coverage. i have access to all the high end video equipment by virtue of working for a company that rents to tv stations and such. you guys just let me know and i can get a beta-cam or a nice DV-cam and do some serious editing. i also have friends in the editing business that do commercials and such if we wanted to do an anti-sierra-suwa campaign.....well lets just stick to the clean up for now. when did you have in mind.......probably after brent gets some new drivelines right!!??!!:D

I don't think it was the 'Redneck Factor' that recently trashed the place. When we were out there last Saturday, there was a kid setting up hundreds of pallets for a huge party that they were going to have, later that night. His estimate was about 80-100 people were coming, I think. The amount of pallets for their fire was unbelieveable. I think it was easy to see that the place was going to get trashed.

BTW- I am in for a cleanup, but lets contact someone about it.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
well you are correct there. i think the redneck factor applies more to the oddball pieces of trash found out there like the various home appliances and car parts. i know cans and bottles and dorritos bags can come from anyone. thanks for the clarification greg. :D

Duh Red Truck

Moab Biatch
I dont think that it's a "REDNECK FACTOR", I and most of my friends are "REDNECKS". And we always make sure that we clean up our mess. I actually think that it is the under age little punks (that plan their little parties out there cause of course they would get introuble if it was discovered anywhere else). I am thinking that it is a great idea though to go and clean it up. I am totally in for the clean up. Just let me know a date!!!!!!

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by Floppy Hat
The land is owned by the State, specifically the State Institutional Trust Lands Adminstration (SITLA).

Are you able to get in touch with them or I would volunteer if you're not able/don't desire to do so. I wonder if they know the area is being used as an offroad area.......

Edit: that last statement looked a little 'legal' to me....sorry about that.....had to clear it up...

controlfreak

For a good cause I'm sure one of the local sanitation companies would donate a 40 sq. ft. dumpster. Or two? We could use pickups to move garbage to it from around the area and they'll pick it up after we're done and dispose of it in the right place.