Why the deer won't show up

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
My son has a trail camera on a friends family ranch land and hasn't been seeing that many deer this year. He has been seeing this guy a lot maybe that's why the deer aren't showing up.

Attachments

• IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 79
D

Deleted member 12904

When ever I see one of those in the wild its a mind F**k how cats that big live so close to use and we almost never see them.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
When ever I see one of those in the wild its a mind F**k how cats that big live so close to use and we almost never see them.

My son's first cougar picture that he caught on a trail camera was on a Saturday morning a few hundred yards from a very popular hiking and biking trail. Also there are these big furry things. This one was about 100 yards off of the Great Western Trail that my son's friend got a picture of.

Attachments

• 856854_548884561859142_1444836767_o.jpg
    856854_548884561859142_1444836767_o.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12904

My son's first cougar picture that he caught on a trail camera was on a Saturday morning a few hundred yards from a very popular hiking and biking trail. Also there are these big furry things. This one was about 100 yards off of the Great Western Trail that my son's friend got a picture of.

That's a great bear Picture. Ive only ever seen one bear in Utah and it was when I was on a dirtbike ride with Glockman and a few other friends from MOab to American Fork I had one run across the trail right in font of my Bike. Of course no one believes me

Houndoc

It is amazing how frequently they are close to us. I had one on a bow hunt pass my dad from behind- about 15 yards from him and 30 yards at most from me. I saw it (a quick flash), he didn't. One year deer hunting I had one circle around, keeping a large boulder between me and it- all I saw was tracks.

We have also found tracks in our yard 3 times over the years living in Grantsville.

rholbrook

My parents would always get cat tracks in there yard during the winter but lived up high on the bench above Farmington. I am surprised that I haven't run into anything like this while riding in the mountains. I have seen all kinds of wildlife while riding, mountain sheep, moose, deer, elk, porcupines, snakes, sage hens, etc, both nothing scary.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
On the switch backs section of trail 41? in AF, there is an old stump in the trial as you come around the corner. It's been there for years and years.. yet EVERY time I see it, I think it's a bear for just a split second..

rholbrook

On the switch backs section of trail 41? in AF, there is an old stump in the trial as you come around the corner. It's been there for years and years.. yet EVERY time I see it, I think it's a bear for just a split second..

Harrison and I rode AF yesterday morning and I know that stump because I think the same thing and then there are also those clumps in the pine trees that look like they could be porcupines or bear cubs too. AF was a dusty mess but still fun. I love those trails, wish we had something like that close in Davis Co.