winch bag info... who has 'em?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
OK guys, it's now a requirement in ARCA to have a weighted winch bag in the vehicle at all times, and we've got a buddy that needs one. I know they exist, but who offeres them???

I actually tried 4Wheel Parts on this one, and the guy told me to use a coat. :D Ya gotta love tech like that...

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Yeah, use a coat! he he. With wheel weights in the pockets.:D
Do the rules specify the design or can you just have your happy home maker sew up a good bag for ya and fill it with sand?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
So is this ARCA's solution to the danger of wire rope... Why don't they switch to synthetic, its still safer than wire. Would they still require the winch=bag if you ran synthetic or do they prohibit sythetic?

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit
So is this ARCA's solution to the danger of wire rope... Why don't they switch to synthetic, its still safer than wire. Would they still require the winch=bag if you ran synthetic or do they prohibit sythetic?

You are required to run rope in ARCA, if I remember right. This winch bag thingy is new. I don't pay much attention to ARCA, so this news is all somewhat new to Me.

Caleb

Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

In UROC they are required to run rope as ya'll know and in the officials meeting they told us that if we are winching with synthetic rope then we dont have to use a winch bag...ARCA's gay UROC is where its at:D:p

Vonski

nothing to see here...
It doesn't make sense that if you are rquired to run rope, then you need a winch bag if it breaks. Then again, this is second hand info coming from a customer trying to comply with this "new" rule.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
So does anyone know whats up with this? Do you really have to run a winch bag if you are using syn. rope? Makes no sense to me, but then again, I don't compete so it doesn't mattger to me either...just curious.. :D