Winch Repair

VerdeXJ

Any of you repair a winch?
I have a Ramsey 9K, integrated solenoid.

I was using it a couple weeks ago, heavy load, lots of pulls. and it stopped. Thought I just overheated it.

Then I go to use it again, and nothing. Well, I do hear a clicking sound, llike it wants to pull.

I am thinking I burned the solenoid. Does anyone know if this is a home mechanic fix, or do I have to take to to an authorized repair facility?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Mepco is an authorized repair agent for Ramsey (I think). I took mine apart and found out what was wrong with it. They're not too bad to work on.

SnwMnkys

Ive pulled my Warn 9500Ti apart a couple times and there cake to work on, just a little akward because of there weight. I suggest taking the cable off the drum first so you can flip it over and such easier.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
SnwMnkys said:
Ive pulled my Warn 9500Ti apart a couple times and there cake to work on, just a little akward because of there weight. I suggest taking the cable off the drum first so you can flip it over and such easier.

What have you had to work with on the 9.5ti?

SnwMnkys

Bought a broken one and the front plate was broken where it says Warn, which is what basically holds the winch together. So i had to replace it.