• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Windshield Replacement

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
If no one on RME does it any longer, call Dan Long at the Chevy dealership and he can get you the number of the guy from Abra that comes out. Tell him you know me but don't go so far as to say that we're friends cause then he'll know it's BS.
I had the guys number but that was on the work phone I turned in.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I call Techna glass, get their "best qoute". Then call someone like Safe Lite, who will beat Techna glass, get a cheaper quote. Then call Techna glass back and tell them Safe lites price. Techna glass will beat safe lites price.. Bingo. Usually about $120 for windshields this way, free lifetime rock chip repair.

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
Since we're on the topic of glass: Do local glass shops buy their windshields from OEM, or is it all aftermarket? Is it as good quality? I need one for the 80 but I'm afraid of things that don't say Toyota on them.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
Since we're on the topic of glass: Do local glass shops buy their windshields from OEM, or is it all aftermarket? Is it as good quality? I need one for the 80 but I'm afraid of things that don't say Toyota on them.

If you're paying $120 installed, it's not OEM. OEM glass is 'spensive.

ricsrx

looking for a windshield, so any one to update to this post of a windshield installer on RME?