Wings on the Discovery Channel

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I've long been fascinated by the story of the AVRO CF-105 Arrow. An absolutely revolutionary interceptor built in Canada for the RCAF's mission to intercept Soviet bombers coming in over the north pole. Years ahead of anything else being produced anywhere in the world at the time, it ultimately met the fate so many aviation programs do, budget constraints. Only five were ever built and all were scrapped. The fallout destroyed AVRO and gutted the Canadian aerospace industry when their best and brightest headed to the US. Many former AVRO engineers actually ended up working for NASA on the Apollo and Space Shuttle programs, interestingly enough.

This is probably the most complete documentary I've ever seen about the Arrow. Worth a watch if it piques your interest:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

When I was little, my Grandpa gave me a VHS tape of the 1987 Miramar Air Show with the Blue Angels, I watched that over, and over, and over again. I still have it in a box somewhere, but it undoubtably was one of the reasons I'm so interested in airplane. So this new Blue Angels documentary is pretty exciting (even though it's a JJ Abrams film 🤮).