Wanted WTB 4 point harness.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Before I buy any new I am curious if anyone has any they don't need anymore. I am also curious on what style to get as in 2 or 3 inch and the seatbelts style or the latch style? I am looking for a pair but would be fine with one also.

D

Deleted member 12904

I don’t have any for sale but I just wanted to say maybe consider 5 point instead of 4. The anti sub belt really helps hold the lap belt in place and you don’t have to wear it if you don’t feel like but there when you need it. In a 4 point the lap belt tends to ride up into your stomach as you try to keep the shoulder straps tight. I also much prefer the latch style for actual off road vehicles. They take longer to get on but I’ve ended up upside down more than once in a harness and with all the confusion it is really nice to have a big red tab to just pull to get out. Also if you are purchasing for competition the belts are dated so buying new will get you more use for your money.

Bart

I may have 1 new one in a box in my garage. It's new but the date is old if that's a factor. I'll look.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
3" are more comfy anyway. And I second the recommendation for 5point belts. It's almost surprising how much more secure you are with the anti-sub belt.

kmboren

I don't think the seats I just ordered have a hole for the 5 point harness unfortunately. I don't think the dates matter. @Bart let me know as I am interested.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I definitely recommend the latch style, having been upside down more times than I like to admit- it’s nice to just grab the tab.

I saved my submarine straps in case I ever want to add them but I never have. I always tighten lap before shoulders and I’ve been fine.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Can you have a 5 point that doesn't go through the seat and just up the front of the seat? @deviant @I Lean like this image?

It might help a little? But no, you shouldn't do that according to all the instructions/guides I could find. Like this one: https://www.sfifoundation.com/wp-co...tins/Seatbelt Installation Guide 06-05-12.pdf

SFI said:
• Crotch Belt Angle: Chest line to 20° through the hole • Crotch Belt should never wrap around the front of the seat – there should be a pass through • Crotch belt is used only to maintain position of the lap belt

kmboren

Side question...
What class are you going to run?

It seems like the sportsman stock class allowed OEM seat belts...
At delta yes. In w.e. rock they require 4 point at the minimum this why I wasn't able to compete in AZ last weekend.

kmboren

At looking at harnesses I have also discovered there is a difference in the latch types. Ones where the shoulder straps are sewn into the lap belt and ones where you attach it to the lap latch its self. What are peoples preferences?

Attachments

• 15518022121953887306471024609431.jpg
    15518022121953887306471024609431.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • 1551802296433158224397806910353.jpg
    1551802296433158224397806910353.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Mine are separate like this and they’re also 2”. I prefer being able to not have the shoulders on all the time but that’s another debate...

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The shoulder belts sewn to the laps are easier/quicker to buckle, but harder to get in/out of since you have to kinda shrug your way into them before you can latch the buckle.

D

Deleted member 12904

I preferred to have them separate also much like Nate I like the ability not to wear the shoulder belts. My favorite harnesses personally are the 3 inch Crow with sewn in shoulder pads

Coco

Latch style for sure. My sister had the seatbelt style come unbuckled during a roll on HTT years ago. That was a scary moment.

pkrfctr

I never competed, but would take the corbeau camlock over the latch style anyday. I hated putting the latch style one together in the correct order every time, HATED. With the camlock ones you just click them in, order doesn't matter and twist to release.