WTF is this ???????

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Not sure but it almost looks like on of the baffles just to the inside of the axle tube that keeps gear oil from really flowing out towards the inner axles seal... ring a bell?:confused:

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit
Not sure but it almost looks like on of the baffles just to the inside of the axle tube that keeps gear oil from really flowing out towards the inner axles seal... ring a bell?:confused:

Maybe, i kinda thought that was what it was but there is no where for it to set and it kinda looks like it was crimped onto somthing??

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Its hard to tell from the photos, but does it have a couple of spot weld marks on the outer edges? possibly they pooped off from all the abuse you give it...:confused:

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Kurt, It is like 3 inches. I'm guessing that it is some kind of baffle for the axle tube, it sure had me baffled. I hate to find stuff like that just "hangin out" that close to the r&p. OH YA how did you know my axle pooped!!!:D That's my personal info.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

LOL! It's a baffle that notoriously comes loose and spins around the longside axle shaft once loose. When you removed the shaft, I bet you heard it fall into the pumpkin, huh? We've got two housings in the shop and the same thing has happened. It's nothing to worry about guys.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I didn't know that the inner seals were just a press in style. Interesting..... Where are the rubber seals that keep it "sealed"

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Whats funny about this thread is that when I had it happen, I couldn't figure out what it was either. Carl grabbed another front Toy housing (w/o a 3rd member) to look inside, and it had one of those dis-lodged baffle things sitting loose in the diff housing too. Although those things float around in the bottom of the diff, I don't believe they could get caught up in the R&P, so they would not damage anything if replacing a shaft on the trail. Strange stuff...