#yamaproblems : a rebuild thread

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I watched the live start up last night. Pretty exciting when it goes that smooth

For sure. I'm pretty happy about that!
I blasted my frozen leaf pile berm today pretty good ;) I'm sure the neighbors loved that.
It's surprisingly quiet down low with the repacked stock exhaust system, and it sounds awesome when it's wrung out. I can't wait to really ride it back to back with the Honda.

Corban_White

Don't do the sled. You will love a bike. I would love to take you on a ride if you need a push in the right direction. What kit are you looking at?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
SOLD this one. I think I Yamahas are in my blood. I'd love to get another one sometime.
This one was so fun. (Once it was warm) it seriously was the easiest bike I've ever owned to kickstart.
I was able to push the lever by hand and it started for me.

But I think the next itch I want to scratch is

a snow bike :D

or a Kawasaki (I've never had one yet).

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
SOLD this one. I think I Yamahas are in my blood. I'd love to get another one sometime.
This one was so fun. (Once it was warm) it seriously was the easiest bike I've ever owned to kickstart.
I was able to push the lever by hand and it started for me.

But I think the next itch I want to scratch is

a snow bike :D

or a Kawasaki (I've never had one yet).

Yamaha for the win!

I'll be very interested in the snow bike thing. I am curious to see what kind of market response you get when trying to sell it..

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
What do you do when you want a 2017 YZ but can't afford one?

Make it. Yamaha was kind enough to not change the frame or tank from 2005 on, while they upgraded everything else.

This is the integral part to making all the 2017 stuff fit. Airbox. Not cheap.

Then all new 2015+ plastics from Acerbis.

[video=youtube;GBbBLBe3-9I]

New Outlaw Racing grips too.

I've got a new gripper seat cover, but I'm contemplating not changing it. What do you guys think? Swap it? or leave it alone?

I'll probably do graphics on this one.

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I can't leave well enough alone. The seat had a small tear in it on the back so I swapped the covers. It's tedious to get a cover just right, but I'm getting faster.
I'd be much faster if I had a powered stapler that was stronger, my electric one is weak, so I had to bang them in with a hand stapler then squeeze the staples in solid with pliers....

and a photo with my Fisher-Price camera...