YJ build

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Is 98" the final wheelbase?
I'd have to measure. I am not sure. It sure is a fun, capable jeep. Followed the "buggy" group on the fallen and did all the obstacles other than the last Crack. That trail is suppose to be rated a 9. Heck of fun to drive and wheel. Out of town right now. I'll measure when I get home. Need to fix a bent leaf spring and get it aligned.

RockChucker

I'd have to measure. I am not sure. It sure is a fun, capable jeep. Followed the "buggy" group on the fallen and did all the obstacles other than the last Crack. That trail is suppose to be rated a 9. Heck of fun to drive and wheel. Out of town right now. I'll measure when I get home. Need to fix a bent leaf spring and get it aligned.
I think the fallen is more in the 8 range personally. Either way it’s a fun trail though.

kmboren

Well the YJ has been neglected for a couple months. At the end of July on a run it started puking fluid out of the water pump. I let it sit as I wasn't using it and had other cars to drive.

Well I decided to change out the water pump and while the belt was off. I decided to upgrade the steering. I still had my PSC reservoir, pump, and Steering box. So I ripped out the old and installed the new.

The reservoir didn't want to fit quite right so I modified the hood to make it fit. The XJ was the jeep that just keeps on giving. The box is ported so when I decide to run hydro assist it will be easy.

20220920_194854.jpg20220920_194806.jpg20220920_194728.jpg20220920_194716.jpgI also had to cut and relocate the fender support to the drivers side more a quick cut and reweld and all is well.

kmboren

More YJ love. The driver seat was broken and in desperate need of a change. I purchased a pair or Corbeau seats on here recently and am finally getting around to installing them.
I modified/cut the factory seat brackets up. Welded a plate to them and used some old seat sliders I had laying around. I like how it came out and it is much more comfortable than the old seat. Can't wait to get it back on the trail.

20220923_155127.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
You might benefit from a quick disconnect steering wheel with that style seat. The side bolsters are so deep that it's difficult to swing your legs out.

kmboren

So during Trail Hero Katelynn signed us up to be Mid gunners. I was debating riding Shotgun with Katelynn in the buggy or taking YJ.

I took the YJ and showed a bunch of rigs what's it is like to have fun in something other than a 4 door rig.
Drove the obstacles flipper, the Crack and you gotta be nuts hill all without any problems. I was nervous on you gotta be nuts but the YJ handled it like a champ. Not sure if anything that small has ever been up it before. Here is a link to our Instagram showing me doing it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cjx7ATkLU3A/?igshid=NGI3YWI1Y2U=

Katelynn also drove the soup bowl flawlessly without any spotting. A proud daddy moment for sure.