Yoat Front Springs for SAS

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Well, Im am looking at more budget options when I try to have the sas done. So instead of buying new leafs for the front I would like to try some kind of pick-n-pull spring up front to keep the cost down. What options are there for the front springs after the IFS is cut off?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Get some used 2.5" YJ Leafs..... They'll lift the Toy about 3.5", flex decent (If you get decent springs), and are cheap/plenty.

If you do a drop spring hanger on the front and a shackle lift in the rear, you can get another 1-2" of lift. That ought to fit 35's... tightly.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Hmm, I would like to kindof keep a bit of room in the fendors, but how cheap are you talking about? I would like to do about 5" of lift total, plus I have a 2" body lift already. Another thing, I PM'd you about this but you didn't write back, we were talking about chevy's in the rear, and I was wondering what all is needed to do the spring swap? If you have like a shopping list if you will. :)

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
I know that "ACE" on the board here has a set of YJ packs. I think he picked them up for $80, but he would probably be willing to let them go for cheaper. PM him

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Greg
Get some used 2.5" YJ Leafs..... They'll lift the Toy about 3.5", flex decent (If you get decent springs), and are cheap/plenty.

If you do a drop spring hanger on the front and a shackle lift in the rear, you can get another 1-2" of lift. That ought to fit 35's... tightly.
Rubicon Express sells 2.5 "packs for 80 bucks each, and Mepco carries them I believe.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I know alot of the Toy guys use the rear Yota springs up front. I have a set that I just pulled off my rig, they're yours if you want them. LMK, cause I need to get rid of some of this crap.

kb7sei

You can use rears up front, I don't think they give much lift though. YJs are good, as are Waggys. IIRC, stock Waggys are worth about 3"-4" up front. I've talked to a guy that used rear F150 springs up front as well. Lots of options. :D

If you're on a tight budget, those are probably the ones to look for at a yard.

What are you doing in the rear end? If you're keeping the stock springs in the rear, get another set of rears for the front and you should get about the same height. If you have lift springs in the rear, you want to find some lift springs for the front. YJ, Waggy, 44044s if you want LOTS of lift (5"-6") and are willing to spend some money (mine were $250).

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Well, I am planning on putting chevy 1/2 ton springs with a fairly long shackle and possibly a small block to get me 4-5" lift. I am definitely on a budget, and If I don't sell my truck I would like to get front springs for close to 100 or so.

kb7sei

I'd say start with Waggy springs and a drop hanger (1-2") up front with a little longer shackle. That should get you somewhat close. Then you can adjust shackle lengths and/or rear blocks to match them up.

I would sugest leaving the block out of the rear to start with. You don't want to go too high out back. Much more than 4" and you will be forced to get more expensive springs up front.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Well, I highly doubt I can sell it without some effort other than RME. Anyway I think the debt thing is being taken care of, I did post this before I tried selling my truck. If it does sell I will get an 85 yoat. Umm i have nothing else to blabber about.