You decide! Forum Changes.....

Should the 'How To' Forum stay?

• Yes, it has good info and potential for growth.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No, I never look at it. Get rid of it!!

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Should the "How To" section stay or go? It see's little to no use, and I want to see what the Members think about it.

So??

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
Hey, when's the forum going to change Greg? Just wondering when all that money I spent for my new winch is going to be put to use!!!:D

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by rustybronco
Hey, when's the forum going to change Greg? Just wondering when all that money I spent for my new winch is going to be put to use!!!:D

Are you referring to the new vBulletin Software?

If so, they are Testing it right now, it should be officially released at the end of Feb. As soon as it's out, I'll buy a copy, the changes will be soon after. (It's going to be alot of work on my end!! :eek:

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
I think a 'how to' forum is probably not going to work. However, I think it would be great if we could get members to make write-ups for projects and repairs that they have done.

I would love to have convenient access to tips concerning anything from how to wheel with open dif's, to the proper way to align control arms.

These articles could simply be submited to Greg, or another moderator, for review, then posted in a growing catalog of wheeling information.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
the how to is nice but most don't want to take the time to write a two page artical on something they took two months to build and try out.
I have writtin tech articals for a few web pages and it to me is really a hassle.
I made some swivel blocks and tried em out. there was alot of discussion on the topic and then the thread sank with the rest. I agree it would be nice to have a section of just "I did this or I tried that or I bolted in this" but how to isn't the way. Maybee a section that is based on just people cutting up there rig (harkinof) or my soon to be swivel shackles. But untill then it's all in tech or general.
So whats up with the feature rig section that sits and stagnates?

Caleb

I agree with skye...I always take pictures of what I am doing step by step but by the time I am done I don;t feel like writing a page on it usually...I also think that having the tech forum and the how-to forum is kind of contradicting...so I say axe the how-to and I like a parts review section idea (but that could be considered tech too???

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Skyetone

So whats up with the feature rig section that sits and stagnates?

Stagnates? WTF? Have you looked at when the last writeup was done? The last writeup was done less than a month ago..... Those take alot of time, along with all the other related duties to running a Forum. I figured that doing a 'Feature Rig' every 2 Mos. was plenty. BTW, the Feature Rig is more or less a Regulated readers rides area.

Back to the 'How to' section- I like the idea that Herzog told me about and a few of you have gotten at. Make it more of a 'Technical Notepad.' Useful Info that we'd like to hang onto could go there. But defining useful may be difficult, as it also intertwines with 'Tech Talk.'

Keep the ideas coming!