Your Pic of The Day

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
What is the story on this?

That is Tyng's Grave high on Miller Hill in American Fork Canyon. ExpeditionUtah has a formal trail adoption on the Miller Hill 4x4 Trail (and south side singletrack) and we've rebuilt the grave site and done a variety of other signage, painting and trail cleanup projects on the route over the years. Saturday we had ~30 people re-staining the lower Kiosk at the Pacific Mine, trash pickup, doing tree cleanup along the road and re-painting the fence at the top.

There were some large mines operating on the mountain back in the late 1800's and into the 1900's, mine owner George Tyng died in an avalanche in 1906. This is what the buildings looked like in his time, and what they looked like as of Saturday.

1601338768125.png

Bunch more before/after pics of AFC here:

rholbrook

That is Tyng's Grave high on Miller Hill in American Fork Canyon. ExpeditionUtah has a formal trail adoption on the Miller Hill 4x4 Trail (and south side singletrack) and we've rebuilt the grave site and done a variety of other signage, painting and trail cleanup projects on the route over the years. Saturday we had ~30 people re-staining the lower Kiosk at the Pacific Mine, trash pickup, doing tree cleanup along the road and re-painting the fence at the top.

There were some large mines operating on the mountain back in the late 1800's and into the 1900's, mine owner George Tyng died in an avalanche in 1906. This is what the buildings looked like in his time, and what they looked like as of Saturday.

View attachment 131341

Bunch more before/after pics of AFC here:
Very cool. Thank you.

Coco

I got to admit, Oregon is one of my favorite places. Along the coast is a beautiful area.

I didn't make it to the hardware store, but did have a shrimp cocktail from one of the shops in Cannon Beach.

Coco

A couple more personable pics from our trip.

First pic was from the 'inverted experience' in Seaside. Props on the walls and ceilings, then you rotate the photo to pull off the effect.

Second was from the ship wreck of Peter Iredale. The wind was probably blowing 50 MPH for that photo, and my lovely wife's hood was going nuts.

Last photo, she was a little cold one of the mornings on the beach. Was a great time!

Attachments

• IMG-3655.JPG
    IMG-3655.JPG
    262.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-3634.JPG
    IMG-3634.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-3616.JPG
    IMG-3616.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 57

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I got to admit, Oregon is one of my favorite places. Along the coast is a beautiful area.

I didn't make it to the hardware store, but did have a shrimp cocktail from one of the shops in Cannon Beach.
I love the Oregon coast. I was planning on going back this year but all the BS this year stopped it......maybe next year.