Your Pic of The Day

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Thank you all! We are really excited! The delivery experience wasn't exactly as planned, but everything turned out good, and both momma and baby are doing great!
They never are. I almost missed our first one when the dr said we had hours to wait, so I went back to our apartment to track down the guy that hit our parked car during the night- we found out about it on the way to the hospital. Dealing with the cops and everything, all said and done I was gone maybe an hour. As I walked in the room she was one push away from delivering!
Second one went from them wanting to send us home because she wasn't ready yet to being on the table in 5 minutes.
The third one happened so fast the epidural kicked in AFTER he was born. Yeah, they still made us pay $900 for that.

Good luck. And get some sleep.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Our first, the epidural didn't take at all. The second, when the poor guy was getting ready to administer the epidural, Cindy sat up, grabbed him by the collar, and said with chilling ferocity, Don't **** It Up!

Thankfully that one worked perfectly.

- DAA

No pressure. :D I'll just put this big old needle along your spine while I shake in fear :D

Coco

Yeah, she thought she was going to go early, go vag, etc. Well, she went late, then when they broke her water, with every contraction the babies vitals would drop, then take a minute to come back up. After a particularly rough one for the baby, they called the doctor and he rushed over to do an emergency C-section. Come to find out the ambilocal cord was up AJs shoulder, around his neck, then back down the other side. Almost like he was harnessed in. With every contraction, it would squeeze the cord. Doctor said it would not have been good for AJ to keep continuing with natural contractions. My wife was devastated, and very emotional. Everything went good, or so we thought. She has been in pain for the last week, and now the incision is infected, or it may be an abbess, or both... But the doctor has been nonchalant about the whole thing and it is really starting to piss me off. Thinking we may need to go to the ER to get this looked at.

EDIT: The on call doctor is going to see her now, and hopefully things will be resolved without going to the ER 🤞

Hickey

Premium Member
Supporting Member

Coco

Well, sound like she is off to the ER and I am stuck at work...
I ended up leaving right after this post. With only an hour left in the day my colleague handled the showroom as I met my wife at home. Handed off AJ and Gunther to my parents, and we headed to the hospital. Got there at 6 PM. Luckily all blood work was good, and CT showed what they think are seromas, which I guess are common after C-sections, and tummy tucks. When she went to the dr yesterday and he mentioned possible aggressive flesh eating bacteria that can only be surgically removed, she was fearing the worst. After 2 hours waiting in the ER for the Dr to come in and tell us the results, we were glad to hear it wasn't that. They were on the fence with admitting her, but decided that IV antibiotics, and a change in oral antibiotics, combined with home health coming to check on her and possibly admit more IV antibiotics if needed, (so she could be home with the baby) we finally left at 11:30 PM.