Your Pic of The Day

Coco

This was this weekend's project.

Friday my cousin came down from Idaho to get some seats for his RZR, and helped me drop a dead branch in our big tree.

IMG-7299.JPG

The tree actually has several more big/dead branches way up further, so I don't know how much longer we will have this thing around. It isn't something I want to mess with.

After he left Saturday morning, we ran up to the Salt Lake dump for a bed of compost. My wife bought 2 yards... I don't think either of us realized just how much compost this was!

IMG-7314.JPG

We tarped it down the best we could, and drove (very slowly) home to Lehi.

When we got home, I cut up the big branch, and loaded the bottom of the garden box. After that we did two bags of grass clippings, then loaded a mixture of the compost, vermiculite, and peat moss to fill the box.

IMG-7304.JPG
64176214351--3E262CBA-CFFA-4D54-9D1E-FFC71A8B21E3.JPG

This was all the dirt we ended up needing to fill that box. Ended up asking all the neighbors, friends, whoever I could to take the rest.

64159067800--91FF8A1D-A151-41E7-9C1C-F9048083183F.JPG

Monday I finished cleaning up the yard from the dead limb, mowed the backyard, and setup the drip line system in the box, as well got the sprinkling system and drip system working. Found a puncture in my funny pipe that I buried when I added an extra sprinkler, and ran the drip line over to the box. It had looked like someone ran a nail through it, but not quite sure how that would have happened. Luckily it was an easy fix.

Got all the sprinklers adjusted and set up, as well as all the plants replanted. Hopefully everything should work well, and we can get everything to grow, as long as we can keep Gunther out of it.

IMG-7317.JPG

Still need to do the 2.x6 top border/shelf, and then stain the wood (hopefully tonights project) then it should be good to go.

Attachments

• 64159067800--91FF8A1D-A151-41E7-9C1C-F9048083183F.JPG
    64159067800--91FF8A1D-A151-41E7-9C1C-F9048083183F.JPG
    587.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
We’ve had a duck lay eggs in my planter box for the last few years. Last year my neighbor caught video of the ducklings leaving the nest. This year I figured we’d video the whole thing.

A4679680-D04F-4CC6-AAD7-85C619E8B22A.png

Edit: The camera is picking up all the sounds of my waterfall, song birds, wind, etc. Having my phone open is like a personal nature soundtrack. Crazy to think it is just outside my front door.

Last edited:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I got my new panels all wrapped with the new sponsor. Kind of exciting times!!!

Speaking of Wheeler, most don’t know about their lab services. I’ve used them several times over the years for oil analysis, and they don’t care if it’s a sample from your trackhoe or 4.0L. Wanna know about the health of your motor? This is a great way to find out the types of alloys and amounts swimming around in there. Fuel? Coolant? You may find out more than you’d like. 😂

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Speaking of Wheeler, most don’t know about their lab services. I’ve used them several times over the years for oil analysis, and they don’t care if it’s a sample from your trackhoe or 4.0L. Wanna know about the health of your motor? This is a great way to find out the types of alloys and amounts swimming around in there. Fuel? Coolant? You may find out more than you’d like. 😂
I used Wheeler for OA on my old ecodiesel several times. Overall I was happy with the service and price. Blackstone labs is much better for the guy who doesn't know what all the numbers mean. They do a good job of explaining what they found. Wheeler just gives you the numbers.

JeeperG

Looks like a killer underground armory to me! Find a way to lock it, then disguise it with a rug or something.
Ha, nah I'll probably just keep at as a mechanics pit, or some people call it my murder pit, I can drop a basket of lotion down in? It's roughly 6 feet deep, 8 feet long, 3 feet wide. Might come in handy if I have to service the Fordy. I did think about maybe getting some dry freight aluminum flooring from work and replacing the wood.

JeeperG

A shop I used to rent had a pit and some previous business put a huge compressor in it.
Yeah being an older home I have a power issue with my meter base, probably cost me 5-6k just to have an electrician come out and cut the power to the property and put a new meter base plus run the power out to the garage which is separate from the house, I probably have room for a big compressor at ground level, it's roughly 23 feet deep, 31 feet wide including this "sun room" I call it.

PXL_20210508_002143726.jpg

I have a generator to run welders and such for now if I need to.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
The picture above is very nice, but the sun's placement and the shadows have me scratching my head. It must be something with the camera that I can't figure out. With the sun directly ahead, shouldn't the shadows be coming towards us?

Coco

The picture above is very nice, but the sun's placement and the shadows have me scratching my head. It must be something with the camera that I can't figure out. With the sun directly ahead, shouldn't the shadows be coming towards us?
Could also be a night shot - I have seen some night shots that look as bright as day, but I don't really know either. Beautiful picture!

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Starting to feel old, at least more than usual. Greg has been a dear customer of Cruiser Outfitters for nearly 3 decades. Hell he was one of the first customers I met when I started at the shop in the early 2000's. We both have a few more hashtags and a lot more gray in our beards but it's always fun to catch up :D #old

103623.jpeg