Your Pic of The Day

Pike2350

I don’t think pike was trying to start something or be aggressive. I think his point is accurate.

I am surrounded by neighbors on 3 sides not in the majority group, and they do get left out.
I even expressed to a couple of them that I understand their feelings more during the 2020 Covid that shut down church. I felt like a total outcast in my own neighborhood because of the lack of weekly connections.

I do a LOT for my non-member neighbors, and just spent 4 days camping with one of the families.

I think that no matter what side of the fence you are on, we are all just doing our best to be good people… and those that are not are going to be offended either way.
I am sure that a lot of good intentions come across wrong.. but were just misunderstood
Be a good person, and treat others well… and that should be good enough.

EDIT: thinking a little more about it, most people want to be a part of things, but most can’t or won’t make the time and effort to make it happen. I think pike stepping up for his neighborhood is awesome.
I think it was @benjy who shared the story about a guy building a firepit in his front yard instead of his backyard. That inspired me to build a deck in my front yard. It has made a huge difference in visiting with neighbors that we normally would not have had a chance to.
Thanks @jeeper. I never meant my comment to be insulting or even negative. I grew up LDS and feankly miss the neighborhood connections that generally come with having a weekly ward meeting or a mother that was active and was friends with everyone in the ward.

It is also very much a 2 sided street. Many non-LDS are complete a@@holes about being invites to ward activites. I have gone to many of them over the 6 years we have been in this neighborhood. I also agree with @kevin B that many times it does feel like a conversion mission. In this neighborhhood, my street particularly, they are pretty good at interacting with everyone and being inclusive on a daily basis......it is also hard breaking through to people in the neighborhood that arent in a closer proximity to your own house. The people 3 streets over see you less and therefore far less engaged. We say hi to everyone as we walk around and most people are friendly... but the further you get from say your block, the less time they seem willing to take to engage with us. Also, to @Kevin B. Point. My sisters neiggborhood was great at first. Welcomed them invited them to everything. After a year, when my sister told them she wasn't interested in xoming to church , they stopped putting an effort to inviting her family. By this time she had made friends with some neighbors and heard from them that others felt it was a "waste of time" so it really does depend on the neighborhood.

In no way did I mean it as a jab. I was simply trying to demonstrate that not having those face to face meetings regularly, it is actually a much more difficult task to organize something like this. So I applogoze if you took offense to it...by no means was that my meaning

Because it's the picture thread...the turnout was awesome. Roughly 100 kids and close to 200 people showed up. Everyone had a good time and expressed their appreciation. It made.me happy to get out of my shell and push my social engagement more then I am usually comfortable with....and I know things like this will make my interactions in the future that much easier.....regardless of majority/non-majority.

Attachments

• Attach0_20220416_112426.jpg
    Attach0_20220416_112426.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Attach0_20220416_112433.jpg
    Attach0_20220416_112433.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 40

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
View attachment 148416

This is a cable at the end of Hole in the Rock trail. It heads directly toward the river. I don't know anything else about it, but it sure gets my imagination going.

Also, we met a great grandson of Mr. Hobbs on the trail yesterday. Hobbs was the guy who wandered after a Mountain Sheep down off of Grey Mesa and found the route down from there for the wagons. Really damn cool experience.
When you say the end of the trail are you talking where it ends now?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Thanks @jeeper. I never meant my comment to be insulting or even negative. I grew up LDS and feankly miss the neighborhood connections that generally come with having a weekly ward meeting or a mother that was active and was friends with everyone in the ward.

It is also very much a 2 sided street. Many non-LDS are complete a@@holes about being invites to ward activites. I have gone to many of them over the 6 years we have been in this neighborhood. I also agree with @kevin B that many times it does feel like a conversion mission. In this neighborhhood, my street particularly, they are pretty good at interacting with everyone and being inclusive on a daily basis......it is also hard breaking through to people in the neighborhood that arent in a closer proximity to your own house. The people 3 streets over see you less and therefore far less engaged. We say hi to everyone as we walk around and most people are friendly... but the further you get from say your block, the less time they seem willing to take to engage with us. Also, to @Kevin B. Point. My sisters neiggborhood was great at first. Welcomed them invited them to everything. After a year, when my sister told them she wasn't interested in xoming to church , they stopped putting an effort to inviting her family. By this time she had made friends with some neighbors and heard from them that others felt it was a "waste of time" so it really does depend on the neighborhood.

In no way did I mean it as a jab. I was simply trying to demonstrate that not having those face to face meetings regularly, it is actually a much more difficult task to organize something like this. So I applogoze if you took offense to it...by no means was that my meaning

Because it's the picture thread...the turnout was awesome. Roughly 100 kids and close to 200 people showed up. Everyone had a good time and expressed their appreciation. It made.me happy to get out of my shell and push my social engagement more then I am usually comfortable with....and I know things like this will make my interactions in the future that much easier.....regardless of majority/non-majority.

That’s a huge turnout!

Houndoc

Family time on Easter (just mission one son-in-law who is working in Kazakhstan for a couple weeks.) And on Saturday finally felt I had built enough trust with the recently added horses to try a ride on Rico. Was very pleased. From what we understand probably close to 2 years without a rider but he did great.
277938046_522292469497301_4050326985226185863_n.jpg278792565_10216253661413804_1808387902402453027_n.jpg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Going to Sand Hollow tomorrow after work so I need to do a little Jeep prep. I got a pressure washer late fall last year so I’ve hardly been able to use it. Now I’m going to wash stuff before I work on it and I’m excited about that. Plus the Jeep still has a lot of mud from my rescue mission a while back.
AB1B7639-040A-4B34-8A8E-8F4FEAE2CE61.jpeg