Your Pic of The Day

Coco

Yeah, she thought she was going to go early, go vag, etc. Well, she went late, then when they broke her water, with every contraction the babies vitals would drop, then take a minute to come back up. After a particularly rough one for the baby, they called the doctor and he rushed over to do an emergency C-section. Come to find out the ambilocal cord was up AJs shoulder, around his neck, then back down the other side. Almost like he was harnessed in. With every contraction, it would squeeze the cord. Doctor said it would not have been good for AJ to keep continuing with natural contractions. My wife was devastated, and very emotional. Everything went good, or so we thought. She has been in pain for the last week, and now the incision is infected, or it may be an abbess, or both... But the doctor has been nonchalant about the whole thing and it is really starting to piss me off. Thinking we may need to go to the ER to get this looked at.

EDIT: The on call doctor is going to see her now, and hopefully things will be resolved without going to the ER 🤞

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

Coco

Well, sound like she is off to the ER and I am stuck at work...
I ended up leaving right after this post. With only an hour left in the day my colleague handled the showroom as I met my wife at home. Handed off AJ and Gunther to my parents, and we headed to the hospital. Got there at 6 PM. Luckily all blood work was good, and CT showed what they think are seromas, which I guess are common after C-sections, and tummy tucks. When she went to the dr yesterday and he mentioned possible aggressive flesh eating bacteria that can only be surgically removed, she was fearing the worst. After 2 hours waiting in the ER for the Dr to come in and tell us the results, we were glad to hear it wasn't that. They were on the fence with admitting her, but decided that IV antibiotics, and a change in oral antibiotics, combined with home health coming to check on her and possibly admit more IV antibiotics if needed, (so she could be home with the baby) we finally left at 11:30 PM.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I’ve never wanted to put my board in the rapids. I bet that was exhilarating! 😂
Some hippie rafter guy told us not to do it. I’d like to go back and smack that guy cause it was so fun!!! We went up river a couple miles from Swasey’s and it took 26 minutes to ride down. It was so fun we did it twice. We all stayed on our boards but my brother got a little sketchy
278FF166-ACE4-440F-ABFB-851686048E17.png

DAA

20220624_Sprucemont-60.jpg

- DAA