Your Pic of The Day

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have not. It's an easy pull behind her GX460. Advertised around 2k lbs. We love it so far.

It's all down hill from here. Next it will be a little bigger trailer with a full bathroom.. then a little bigger for a toy hauler so you can take a dirtbike.. then a bigger truck to tow it.. then a bigger trailer because the truck can handle it..

Next thing you know you are in a 75' 4 axle fifth wheel, pulling doubles with sxs's on a second trailer.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
It's all down hill from here. Next it will be a little bigger trailer with a full bathroom.. then a little bigger for a toy hauler so you can take a dirtbike.. then a bigger truck to tow it.. then a bigger trailer because the truck can handle it..

Next thing you know you are in a 75' 4 axle fifth wheel, pulling doubles with sxs's on a second trailer.

0% chance. The Scamp made it easy to head to the mountains with out having to actually camp. My wife doesn't ride dirt bikes so the chances I'd take a dirt bike are slim :D We actually love the size of the Scamp so much we may order a new one. They have a 14-18 month wait list to get a new one. We'll keep the 1996 until then. Assuming the market holds somewhat reasonable, we'll not take much of a bath on ours. We've fixed up a few things in the year we've had it and it's really a dialed little unit that the Mrs is comfortable pulling on a girls trip, etc.

I still love to camp with gear off my back or gear out of a vehicle. RV'ing just makes it so the wife and dogs are easier to go with. It isn't camping when you have a microwave, shower and AC :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
0% chance. The Scamp made it easy to head to the mountains with out having to actually camp. My wife doesn't ride dirt bikes so the chances I'd take a dirt bike are slim :D We actually love the size of the Scamp so much we may order a new one. They have a 14-18 month wait list to get a new one. We'll keep the 1996 until then. Assuming the market holds somewhat reasonable, we'll not take much of a bath on ours. We've fixed up a few things in the year we've had it and it's really a dialed little unit that the Mrs is comfortable pulling on a girls trip, etc.

I still love to camp with gear off my back or gear out of a vehicle. RV'ing just makes it so the wife and dogs are easier to go with. It isn't camping when you have a microwave, shower and AC :D
The RV is always for the lady. Sure, they're comfortable and filled with amenities... but they can limit you in far more ways than they help. Dudes can travel/camp with far less than chicks. A few ladies may tell you otherwise, but they lyin'.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I "think" I want this in 2036-2038. I expect to only use it a couple years or so? What did you hate about the size?
I actually really liked it. I was blown away at the small turning radius. The tag axle would steer so that explains it. So be sure yours does too. Driver side had one slide out almost the length of the bus. The other side had two. So it was super roomy when parked. A bit cramped when stowed and holding 9 people going down the road. But being able to watch movies on the big screen and play video games in the bedroom was great for the kids.

This rental was junky. It was their highest end unit, supposedly costing $750k new. It never gets rented so it just sits. The three A/C units could not overcome the AZ heat. The cab A/C had a low charge, which we ended up stopping in kanab to get it serviced because we couldn’t stand it any longer. The alignment was off so bad that if you let go of the steering wheel you were in the ditch. So it was a constant battle to keep it going straight down the road.

I bet driving this one and then driving one like Mikes that is maintained well is night and day. Far less stressful, and probably even enjoyable.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I actually really liked it. I was blown away at the small turning radius. The tag axle would steer so that explains it. So be sure yours does too. Driver side had one slide out almost the length of the bus. The other side had two. So it was super roomy when parked. A bit cramped when stowed and holding 9 people going down the road. But being able to watch movies on the big screen and play video games in the bedroom was great for the kids.

This rental was junky. It was their highest end unit, supposedly costing $750k new. It never gets rented so it just sits. The three A/C units could not overcome the AZ heat. The cab A/C had a low charge, which we ended up stopping in kanab to get it serviced because we couldn’t stand it any longer. The alignment was off so bad that if you let go of the steering wheel you were in the ditch. So it was a constant battle to keep it going straight down the road.

I bet driving this one and then driving one like Mikes that is maintained well is night and day. Far less stressful, and probably even enjoyable.
I think Mike's is also a step up in quality from the get-go. All of these issues are pretty standard in any RV until you reach the upper end of the spectrum.