Your Pic of The Day

Pike2350

I lead a boring life 😴 I have had nothing good to show in this thread. No activities, not cool adventures (mostly) This is my Saturday night...changing the oil in the F150 EB. Sitting in my garage with Kentucky mule. No friends around to BS with...just here alone.

Attachments

• 20220924_202545.jpg
    20220924_202545.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 26

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
From NPLD yesterday with Expedition Utah and the Wasatch Crusiers:

A fresh coat of paint!
5ED29000-C8A2-495D-9272-798D19DF61C1.jpeg

BE93BCE3-2268-4148-8C2B-C986B54DC477.jpeg

2CA88E2C-91DB-4F73-9E8F-D33CDEEE39B9.jpeg

A new floor and fresh paint all around. We had paint for the fascia boards, but the paint store didn't put dye in the base, so we didn't put just clear base up.

B16E2708-B18B-4D37-A6EA-81FDD952C317.jpeg

4E40379B-63D9-445B-9C7C-98F7EE869D85.jpeg

DC69FFF4-6B35-4AFE-A50B-640C2939AA61.jpeg

B57C8A0C-E0A0-4DC2-B3A8-3FB066B74AA8.jpeg

A team also repaired the collapsed culvert that was allowing water to run down the road. HUGE improvement!

589D9E44-601F-46B2-B18D-FB92FA0771C8.jpeg

Had a massive turnout that made the work easy.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Been talking about it for years. Finally did a thing!! Ignore the ghetto tie downs, I ordered some actual tie downs but they ended up not fitting my truck and it had to be picked up today so I did that. Only had to move it a couple miles home so wasn't too worried. Now I just need my proper camper truck to show up.

1664142747558.jpeg

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I think I have some tie downs. What are you needing? (Hopefully I can find them?)
He gave me the nice quick release tie downs. Just the anchor points I bought for the truck didn’t fit my bed. The proper anchor points are like $800 that are model specific. Just bought universal type, didn’t want to drop the coin since I’ll be picking up new truck in mid October.

Thanks though

Trate D

If that was yesterday, you guys were ahead of us. We did a bunch of trail repair, blocking of illegal bypasses on some obstacles for NPLD and then ran up to the Rock Pile, turned around and went back down. Beautiful day!
It was us. Haven’t been on the trail for a few years and was surprised by lines that were new to us. We didn’t know if they were planned bypasses or what do we just stuck to what we knew. We did pick up quite a bit of garbage we found.

Was the hummer still stuck before chewy?

Pile of parts

Was the hummer still stuck before chewy?
Yes, Weged in at the bottom of the traditional route for Down and Dirty. The big storm a month ago really changed things. The ledge at the bottom of that is quite drastic now and doesn't leave much room to make the turn before that big rock. Especially in a Hummer. They were able to winch it backwards and then left. They decided it wasn't the right trail for them. The bottom of Chewy used to have a big ledge. As you saw, the Sand is completely even with it now making the obstacle much easier.

We were the two buggies and the orange Jeep that turned around at Rock Pile just as your group got up Son of Rock Pile.

Today we attempted Rear Steer. We got a late start and struggled a bit. We probably only went about a third of the way through before deciding to duck out on the dirt road that parallels part of the trail. We figured even if we didn't have mechanical problems it would be late before we made it to the "Exit" and we really weren't sure how long that would take. We'll give it a go another day.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
View attachment 152617

I don’t actually know what this is.. old hwy 6? South of woodside, west of current Hwy 6. I tried to research but don’t have good enough internet. We followed it for a few miles until it crossed under the current highway.
It's probably old SR 1/US 91 which predates US 6 in that area. But it could be county road too. Not 100% sure. My old highway maps are still in boxes from the move over the summer.
It is the old highway but not sure if it was 6 or the numbers @Stephen referenced