Your Pic of The Day

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Wow! What caused the drop off?
It’s been a rough while for banks with VC’s and tech firms all in a holding pattern due to the questionable market. So apparently they decided to sell all securities (at a $1.8B loss mind you) and that caused the first big drop. Then various funds told their clients that bank with us to pull their money. That caused the second big drop. No bueno.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
It’s been a rough while for banks with VC’s and tech firms all in a holding pattern due to the questionable market. So apparently they decided to sell all securities (at a $1.8B loss mind you) and that caused the first big drop. Then various funds told their clients that bank with us to pull their money. That caused the second big drop. No bueno.
Yike!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Duuude... that's nuts. Hope you all pull out of this

Thursty

Exciting day at work today (JWP Museum). We were lucky enough to receive a faithful (and well used) reproduction of Bert Loper’s “Grand Canyon” to display. Loper is a very interesting character in the history of the Green, Colorado and San Juan rivers. The boat builder, Brad Dimock is also a river runner and author and quite interesting in his own right.
0D5BA1B4-383E-4E62-8700-C08AB14878C3.jpeg74302419-686A-41D1-AD72-8179B61F9DC2.jpeg

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Exciting day at work today (JWP Museum). We were lucky enough to receive a faithful (and well used) reproduction of Bert Loper’s “Grand Canyon” to display. Loper is a very interesting character in the history of the Green, Colorado and San Juan rivers. The boat builder, Brad Dimock is also a river runner and author and quite interesting in his own right.
View attachment 157724View attachment 157725

Wasn’t there already a boat just like this in that location? It’s been a year or so since I was there… But I could have sworn it was almost identical to this one.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
View attachment 157724View attachment 157725
I really need to visit that museum.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

"

FDIC Creates a Deposit Insurance National Bank of Santa Clara to Protect Insured Depositors of Silicon Valley Bank, Santa Clara, California"​

Whoa

Edit: PIC of day

IMG_2940.jpeg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member

FDIC Creates a Deposit Insurance National Bank of Santa Clara to Protect Insured Depositors of Silicon Valley Bank, Santa Clara, California"​

Whoa

Edit: PIC of day

View attachment 157771
Yeah we’ve been waiting to work all day but we just got locked up. Sounds like we’re waiting to be acquired or bailed out. Either way it’s rocky. Luckily I’m in an operations position so money movement which is obviously required. It’s likely that we get acquired and we’ll at least have a while before we get out-sourced or our functions get moved to their operations center. Not a great time to have all our eggs in this basket, that’s for sure.

Last edited:

Thursty

Wasn’t there already a boat just like this in that location? It’s been a year or so since I was there… But I could have sworn it was almost identical to this one.
The boat that previously lived in that spot was a reproduction of the Emma Dean which Powell rode in/on down the rivers. The Emma Dean is still on display in a different location in the museum

6FFDF442-FAB1-4591-AA88-CD37FFD47E2B.jpeg

Coco

Volunteered at the wrecker games today. Way to many people to just come watch some tow trucks tow cars up rocks. View attachment 157817View attachment 157818
I watched the tow truck sand drags on some reels on Facebook and could see the people and was just like ?? Really? IDK, I guess different strokes for different folks.

I watched the heavy wrecker build on YouTube and found it interesting, but there was still several times I was like why do it that way and such?