Your views and opinion on Titan Trail Trekker II

Brysherexx

I have one, but haven't used it yet. On another forum I mentioned that I wanted to use mine to carry 4-5 gallons of fuel (less than 1/2 capacity, emergency use basically) then fill it when needed for long trips in the dirt or when traveling away from frequent gas stations. One guy replied and said that he was doing this (running the tank partially full) and he got condensation in the tank, and water in his gas.
I've also heard of fuel spilling out of the cap & vent on rough trails when full... wonder if that's due to a tank that's been filled too high?
Anyone else heard of this or had a problem?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
How does a fully sealed tank get condensation? ;)

If anything, it was existing water in the fuel he had. Shake it up and it's back to square one.

Now, if it were a metal tank, I fully recognize that the natural condensation from fuel, air and filling (plus tanks are often vented in older models) is a concern as it can rust above the fuel level and that festers into problems.

Many fuel containers are rated at their capacity including the room they need to properly expand with heat/elevation change. Scepter MFC's are this way for example. That said, fill them or vent them to atmospheric air on a cold morning and by the time the fuel heats up, it will still be a swollen situation.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I had one on my JKU for awhile, I didn't have any leaking issues and rarely ran around with it full. Usually 1/4 or less. I also read about condensation building up in the tank but I want to say that it's vented.

You could toss a 1/4 bottle of Heet in the tank and keep moisture at bay if you're really worried about it.

It puts a LOT of stress on the tire carrier on a Wrangler, even with an upgraded Teraflex carrier I was worried about the body mounting points.

I sold my Trekker about a year after buying it, I felt like it wasn't really needed and all the weight on the back bothered me.

Ended up running a 2 gallon Rotopax on the tire carrier, mostly for emergency purposes. Less mass, the Teraflex carrier put it close to the hinge, etc.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Gallon of gas is 6 pounds according to google. So extra 60 hanging off the back of the jeep. I think Jeeps are usually tail heavy anyway, I see a lot of lifted front tires vs back so is that a concern?