Yurting

sixstringsteve

Thanks to Mesha for introducing me to the yurts available to rent. We were invited to go yurting this weekend. Check out this cool video.

[video=youtube;vSQCo3Yti9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSQCo3Yti9c[/video]

Anyone else visit the yurts in the wintertime?

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
went to a yurt just outside of vernal last winter (limber flag).. loved it Oddly Davy and his family had been to the one we went to only a few weeks earlier (found them in the log book )

Hardcastle

What yurt are you heading to? I've stayed in the Grizzly Ridge yurt in that video as well as a few others. I have a weekend reserved there in February, too. If i remember right that one is far cheaper than any of the others around and it's just as nice. I think they're pretty fun in the winter but i probably won't stay at one again in the summer anytime soon.

We XC ski and stay at the Bear River Outdoor Recreational Alliance (BRORA) yurts every year with our older scouts. They are located up near the Bear River Lodge and East Fork of the Bear River. I've stayed in the Ridge and BearClaw yurts. See brorayurts.org for more info. We always have a good time up there. We just went up Dec 13-14 this year.

Caleb

My family has, on multiple occasions, gone up to the Oregon coast and stayed in yurts right on the beach. Love them. In fact, I've thought a lot about getting some land and putting a couple yurts on it.

sixstringsteve

That's really cool Caleb. A few months ago I din't even know what a yurt was, let alone that people rent them out all over the states.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
It was a great time. Snowed on us during the night so we got to snowshoe out in a fresh 6 inches of powder :)

sixstringsteve

A few pics from Grizzly Flats yurt last week:

20131221_113039.jpg

20131221_083922.jpg

20131221_082047.jpg

20131221_082031.jpg

20131221_113834.jpg

We are definitely going to make this an annual tradition.