Zero turn mowers

shortstraw8

We moved, and stepped up from .26 acres to 3.0 acres, I need a good riding lawn mower.

I would like a ztr, I have come down to a few choices, though they are all pretty much the same from what I can see.

These two brands seem to have a pretty good warranty
big dog stout MP
and the other is
husqavarna z series

Both are a 54" cut deck and can get the same attachments, and same motor options kawasaki/kohler.

Before I go and get one or the other I was hoping to get some insight, or if anyone else has a good brand suggestion that I may not be aware of

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I was tge service manager for a local tractor dealer for a couple years. We were a exmark, jacobsen, husq dealer. All the normal stuff was pretty good on all 3, engine choice is where i saw the big differences on how much warranty i did. Briggs was the worst, kawasaki was next, kohler was the best

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I have a cub cadet 54" unit with a Kawasaki motor. It's been 100% reliable for the six years since we bought it new. In fact, I just picked up a Honda walk-behind mower for my kids to use (they learn how to work and I don't mow anymore. Definition of Win-Win) and don't need the cub cadet if you are looking for a good deal on a used machine...

shortstraw8

I saw those dixies, they are really nice looking just a bit more for what you get.
I have read the same on the motors and was planning to get the Kohler motor on whatever I buy.
I looked into the cub cadets as well, and biggest complaint I saw there was motor and hydraulics.

Thanks for the info guys.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
A guy brought me a Walker mower to rebuild/restore that he got for free with the intent to flip it and split the profit with me, for my labor. 15 years later he is still trying to sell it. Seems no one likes Walkers. His grass looks great though.

Other than that I have nothing to add to this conversation, except next year my kids will take over lawn mowing duties and however they get it cut is their problem.