ZJ to Buggy build

1995zj

I'm addicted
Finally back at this build again. Sold the ZJ, picked up a 6.0 out of a 2009 Chevy 2500 (LY6) and a 6L90E out of a 2012 Chevy 3500. The harness, PCM, and TCM have been sent off to Wayne to get programmed and stripped down. Also got a CRD60 with Reid C's and knuckles. Now I'm going to be mocking up the front-end. Here are a few pics.

PhotoAug1360551PM.jpg

PhotoAug1464403PM.jpg

PhotoAug2142420PM.jpg

PhotoSep0282138PM.jpg

May need to lower the front frame rails...we'll see though. I designed them lower originally but over-bent one of the sides. This is not the engine placement, just getting ideas. It'll be lower overall and back more.
PhotoSep0294927PM.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I saw the ZJ in Moab this last weekend! I got all excited and then remembered that you sold it. :p

Glad to see progress! Make more of it. -_-

1995zj

I'm addicted
6L90e. Wow. Monster
Can ya post a dimension of that beast from bell housing to output of case

Haha yeah it's big for sure. I'll measure tonight and post up.

I saw the ZJ in Moab this last weekend! I got all excited and then remembered that you sold it. :p

Glad to see progress! Make more of it. -_-

Yeah...still kinda miss that thing but if I do this right I'll be far more happy with it.

looks good. Did you pick that 6.0L up locally? If so, where did you get it?

I could never find a Gen IV 6.0 locally. Tried for three months. Got to know Steve at AllTruck really well haha. I ended up using a guy in Georgia to source both engine and trans.

How big is your cab? A pillar to B pillar.

Don't recall, I'll measure tonight but I think it's possibly on page 1 too?