Zuk brake problem

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Ok for about 2 1/2 of the 3 years I have had my zuk the brakes have seemed to be not fuctioning like they should. I have to go all the way to the floor just to stop from rolling on a hill. I replaced the rear brake regulator and nothing seemed to change. I tryed bleeding the breaks like 1000 times but still nothing. is this a master cylinder problem or is it not powerful enough to stop my 33's. Even with the 235's it had the problem. I could never lock the brakes. Any suggestions??

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
you might wanna get another master cylinder. that just sounds fishy. I just got a fix it ticket because I stopped short at a light on saturday and locked em all up and I am running 32x11.5 swamper SSRs. it sounded cool but now I have to put on mudflaps and change my windshield!!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Do a vacuum test on the brake booster. For some reason my brake booster went out on me. I had the exact same symptoms you described. 30-40 bucks from a junkyard that garunteed it to work. My brakes are great now, huge diference. I actually thought the sh!ty braking was normal(having only driven my own sami) I don't hold high expectations. What can I say? It's a Suzuki. Look into it. Plus I got a new master cylinder with the booster. Aren't boosters supposed to be one of those parts that just never go out? My shop teacher said it's pretty uncommon.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Sorry, one more thing. Make sure you bleed your brakes when your done! I had some experiences with this that nobody should have to deal with.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
I found a master cylinder on ebay and it is one it's way. Im sure this is the problem. I noticed a leaking problem on the MC. Oh well all will be fixed soon.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Originally posted by SAMI
Do a vacuum test on the brake booster. For some reason my brake booster went out on me. I had the exact same symptoms you described. 30-40 bucks from a junkyard that garunteed it to work. My brakes are great now, huge diference. I actually thought the sh!ty braking was normal(having only driven my own sami) I don't hold high expectations. What can I say? It's a Suzuki. Look into it. Plus I got a new master cylinder with the booster. Aren't boosters supposed to be one of those parts that just never go out? My shop teacher said it's pretty uncommon.
Yeah, but your shop teachers an idiot. He's not like the big Kev-Dog!:D
I thought you drove mine and thats where you figured out that your brakes sucked? Or was it because I drove yours and told you? Im so confused...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
We never drove eachother's. But I did ask about it and about the t-case rattling. Yes, nobody beat the Kev-Dog!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I thought of another possible reason for crappy brakes on all samys. They should have come with at least a D44 with discs all around, and maybe a stock locker. But hey, what do I know? I'm only a consumer!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by SAMI
Aren't boosters supposed to be one of those parts that just never go out? My shop teacher said it's pretty uncommon.

They actually go out quite a bit, not everyday type of thing but I sold tons of em' when I was working at AutoZone... Seems like they were mostly hydroboost Chevy ones and stuff like that...We have sold a half-dozen Cruiser ones in the past years.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Sorry Steve, I think I tried to block that drive from my memory! Just foolin'. I do remember it. I almost garuntee it's the booster, cause you sound like me trying to find answers a month ago.