zuzu passport

xjc

I give up :(
Like spensurai said, the passport walked up launch pad like nothing. I tell you what though, I had to have two spotters to get up just a little way on poison spider and was scraping my belly all the way. I think the first generation was probably better for ground clearance.

Did the 200+ hp 3.2 appear before the new body style in 98? I think it did.

Anyway, zuzus can hang with any moderate mod 4X4, and the incredable 3.2 with heavy running gear is as good as anything out there. :cool:

Too Far

parts is parts
the 3.2 started in '92 with the trooper and in '93 with the rodeo. In '98 they moved the gas tank from behind the rear axle to in front of the rear axle in a similar position to where toyota has them. This killed the ground clearance,unfortunately.

Pike2350

The 205hp engine came in 98...that is when they redid it from SOHC to DOHC, pushing out the extra 15 horses. I have a 1st gen Rodeo and have only been stuck once...that was bumper deep in mud. I am also a big believer that with mild mods this truck can do almost anything you would need. If you want to go farther, there is the SAS.....alot of Toyota's are having to do this too, if they want to be an extreme rockcrawler.

Steve

Too Far

parts is parts
Well hell, if you want to get technical.... From '92 to '95 the trooper came with either a SOHC 175 HP or a DOHC 190 Hp 3.2 motor. The rodeo had the SOHC 175 HP 3.2 from '93-'95.5. In '96 the OBD2 diagnostics came around and the DOHC motor disapeared. The OBD2 SOHC 3.2 motor was rated at 190 HP. In '98 the rodeo got the redisigned DOHC 3.2 with 205 HP. In '98 troopers got the DOHC 3.5 with 215 HP. The axiom has the 3.5, but some tweeks give it 230 HP.
The inside news is that corporate isuzu has an axiom with a prototype super charger pushing 350 HP! There is rumor of a tuned down 270 HP version making it into production. My fingers are crossed.