Bountiful Forest Service Land Swap

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
A developer is proposing a 160 acre land swap with the Forest service one some land that includes the Bountiful Lions Gun range and much of the trails in the area.
They are desiring to built 150 homes in the area and wipe out the OHV trails..
These are some of the ONLY OHV legal trails in the Salt Lake Valley and a land swap would severely limit your ability to enjoy the foothills and to get to trails further up the mountain.

We cannot allow this to happened!

It will allow a deadly precedent to be set where private land owners can swap undesirable land for forest service property that is highly valued for hunting and recreation.

25745058.jpg

25745062.jpg

25745061.jpg

iHyCIhGbVrAkZre-800x450-noPad.jpg

Please contact your Bountiful and Centerville City Council members and let them know you are opposed to this foolishness BEFORE November 17th when they are holding a special council meeting to signal their thoughts on the issue.

http://davisclipper.com/pages/full_...wap+request &id=26942997&instance=top_stories

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=37131418&n...d-bountiful-land-swap-speak-out&s_cid=queue-4

Sign the petition here too!

https://www.change.org/p/rob-bishop...b-xs-share_petition-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Here is a copy paste from another like minded individual who has the email addresses of city council members if you'd like to get more involved.

If you live up in the area be sure and contact the Mayor and City Council prior to the meeting. If you think the value of your homes might be negatively impacted by a swap and rezoning of the land then let them know that there is class action litigation risk if they do this to favor one single developer over the community at large. The foothills are key to recreation and why people chose to live in certain towns. You have to fight to protect them. Draper beat back Geneva Rock on rezoning--organize and hit your City Leaders with the full passion you have to keep our public foothills intact. City Council Emails are--rlewis@bountifulutah.gov, bholbrook@bountifulutah.gov, jpitt@bountifulutah.gov, johnmarcusknight@gmail.com, kharris@bountifulutah.gov, richard@ecostarutah.com

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
If you live up in the area be sure and contact the Mayor and City Council prior to the meeting. If you think the value of your homes might be negatively impacted by a swap and rezoning of the land then let them know that there is class action litigation risk if they do this to favor one single developer over the community at large.

Or.. If you think large, expensive, new homes in your neighborhood would increase your neighborhoods average value, and that your home would benefit through the principle of progression and INCREASE your homes value let then know there is a class action lawsu... Oh.. Never mind..

Wait.. you would have higher taxes because of the increasing home values!! We can't have that happen!!

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
That statement wasn't my opinion. Just a copy paste from another concerned citizen....

I know, and I am in a pissy mood today, so I was being sarcastic and rude, while inserting my professional home valuationer opinion..

Way to go on bringing this to our attention!