Archived PSH Sunday Morning Cleanup Crew

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Who wants to be in a Teraflex video? Come out Sunday morning ~ 8:00 AM and help out with the clean up. Word is TeraFlex crew will be there to shoot some video. ;)

Saturday and Sunday are the days that need the most help for the cleanup because of the busy traffic/population it sees the on the days beforehand. Come on out! The cleanup goes faster with the more help we get.

See you there!

Coco

I'll see what I can do, I am usually on my dad's trail (he leads GS every Easter sunday) but I haven't signed up, since I have no really wheelable vehicle. So maybe I'll head out there?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I didn't make it out, got an unplanned call to work nights starting tonight... had to get ready & try get some sleep today, before heading into work.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
We didnt get to p.s. Hill until late saturday afternoon. We were able to pick up a couple bags of garbage until a d-bag in a toyota buggy thought we were taking too long and tried to run us over. What good weather though. It was a beautiful day. Being in moab is the best! We are here all week if anyone else is around.

utah340six

stoped by sunday.
3 or 4 peaple were cleaning up and some 1 collection cans.
place looked preaty good
mike the cop there said they were telling peaple to pick up there beer cans or he would right them up for open container.
good work moab PD

bamacpl

I was there during the afternoon on Thursday & witnessed J.Ortgiesen.......a Weber Co. sheriff from the K9 unit totally out of line RUDE & totally out of line taking advantage of his authority.
I'd like to know if anyone knows how I go about reporting this behavior to his upper mgmt?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I was there during the afternoon on Thursday & witnessed J.Ortgiesen.......a Weber Co. sheriff from the K9 unit totally out of line RUDE & totally out of line taking advantage of his authority.
I'd like to know if anyone knows how I go about reporting this behavior to his upper mgmt?

Possibly dial up Weber County Sheriff after a quick google search and file a complaint?

Thursty

What did he do that was out of line, rude or exceeded the scope of his authority?

bamacpl

Well a guy walked up with a lil puppy..... Prob 6-8 weeks old & the sheriff started yelling cuss words at him telling him to get his puppy away from his police dog & that he was gonna sick his dog on his puppy & let him kill it & then he was gonna sick the dog on him..... The sheriff was acting all aggressive toward the guy & the guy was just standing there astonished! The sheriff Just kept on cussing & yelling profanity at the dude.... The dude did nothing nor said a word & the sheriff just kept on!! The guy just walked away......about 30 min bfore that all happened the shrrriff was down on one knee playing with the guys puppy

bamacpl

The police dog didn't even acknowledge that the puppy was even there.....the sheriff just went off on him for no reason at all!!

Thursty

I was there. I was the Grand County deputy standing next to the Weber County deputy at that moment and that is not how it happened. The Weber deputy got after the guy because he would not move his dog away from the k-9. He asked the guy a couple times times to move his dog away and he wouldn't. He just said "don't worry, he won't bite", so the deputy told him to get his dog the hell away from the k-9. You need to understand that k-9s have such a strong alpha drive that they do not get along well with other dogs even other k-9s. It may have been in the little dogs best interest especially if the k-9 didn't realize he was there. The deputy also has to look out for himself because if his dog were to attack a civilian dog his a$$ would have been on the line. Yes, the deputy used some strong language in a very authoritative manner but it was nothing at all like you described. If he did act the way you described I would have had him leave the hill. Behavior like that only would have made our job more difficult that day.

bamacpl

I just think the sheriff should have handled the situation very differently!!!!! Especially being a professional in uniform-- if he had asked the guy nicely he would have gladly just walked away. The reason he just stood there for a min is because he was blown away by the aggressive behavior of the sheriff.

bamacpl

Mike, are u the guy with tattoos on your forearms? If so I am the guy u was talking too & my wife with the red hair.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
bamacpl,

Is it possible that you did not hear the WC officer talk to the puppy owner at a lower volume level prior to commanding him to take the puppy away?